• The KillerFrogs

AP: TCU Trustees Take Next Step on B12 Invite

Platypoke

I think acecepting depends on the conditions involved and WHAT OUR OTHER OPTIONS ARE. I would like to see TCU join the xii - ? but not as Texas stepchild like Baylor, Tech, KU, KState, OSU and Iowa State are now and even A&M bailed on that deal, OU considered their options and Mizzou seems to be trying to get out. :wacko:

Also do we have options from other conferences on the table we fans don't know about like the PAC? That would be a cool conference to consider for the trips and would make TCU unique in the state of Texas and not me to me too like in the xii - ? :cool:

Also what is the Big East doing to maybe add strength to its numbers. For example I don't know what the chances would be but Notre Dame is in the BE for othr sports and IF they joined in football what would that do and maybe bring in a couple more good name schools and who knows? :unsure:

My point is there may be more to consider in what direction TCU goes that we may not be aware of yet and lets see how it plays out. :rolleyes:

I'm sorry but TCU would never get into the PAC-12. They wouldn't/don't want a religious school. That's why they had to pick up Colorado, so they wouldn't be guilted into taking Baylor.

If you wanted to dominate a conference the Big East would have been the place to stay. Air Force would like to join them, and Air Force would want the other two service academies to join too. Villanova could be brought up from FCS to join in football. Would a great conference to beat the crap out of other teams and get to a BCS bowl.

And btw OSU is not Texas' stepchild. We're OU's little brother. Sheesh. :wink: Unless Texas is actually our stepmom....

ricksterh

I'm sorry but TCU would never get into the PAC-12. They wouldn't/don't want a religious school. That's why they had to pick up Colorado, so they wouldn't be guilted into taking Baylor.

If you wanted to dominate a conference the Big East would have been the place to stay. Air Force would like to join them, and Air Force would want the other two service academies to join too. Villanova could be brought up from FCS to join in football. Would a great conference to beat the crap out of other teams and get to a BCS bowl.

And btw OSU is not Texas' stepchild. We're OU's little brother. Sheesh. :wink: Unless Texas is actually our stepmom....

You seem to know Okie St better than I do (which doesn't take much since I don't know about them) so I will defer to you on on the heredity of that school. I was just saying that Texas seems to control the money for the xii and that affects the other schools and they are not happy about that.

As for Baylor and TCU they are totally two different schools as far as religion. Baylor imo is staunch Baptist school with strong ties to the way they run their school. At TCU it is much more in the background. When I got to TCU they took us over and showed us where the chappel was and said it's there and available to anyone who wants to use it and that was about it. They also have clubs for other religions, Catholics have the Neuman club and other places for other protestant religions and even Jews and Muslims etc have their places that are acceptable for them. I don't know that the PAC would look at TCU but if they don't imo it won't be because it is a "religious" school. That's my opinion.

FROGDADDY

:rolleyes: I don't think the BoT is going to be bullied into making this decision.

We're joining the Big 12 because it's right for TCU, not because they're scared of a couple of pissed off fans :tongue: :laugh:

PS, the great John Denton mentioned we could expect something tonight on his Extra Points post today.
I wasn't talking about a "couple pissed off fans". I was thinking closer to 20,000 pissed off fans and that would just be the tip of the iceberg.

njustus7

I'm just glad we'll be playing on Saturday rather than all that mid week crap we'd have to put up with in the BE - and we all know how good our mid week record has been...

HFrog1999

I wasn't talking about a "couple pissed off fans". I was thinking closer to 20,000 pissed off fans and that would just be the tip of the iceberg.

Lol, okay, get the pitchforks and torches ready just in case :laugh:

aa2a9-untitled1.jpg

BIG 12 NOW!!!! OCCUPY TCU!!!!

rynosdad

Well if we turn down the B12-2 then I hope our big donors wrote only one big check & TCU has the money in hand for the stadium updates.