• The KillerFrogs

Anyone know why Karter Johnson has left the team?

TCURiggs

Im holding out hope he just needed a few days to get his head right. He retweeted a TCU Football tweet just a couple of days ago and still list himself as a TCU player on his twitter page.

source.gif

I believe he was the recruit telling the coaches to spend time on others because he was so certain of his commitment. Probably it's more complicated than just a girlfriend thing but who knows. I'd just be hesitant to jump to the conclusion that he's not mentally tough or something along those lines based on the limited information available at this point.

Chongo94

Different strokes for different folks I suppose.

I know people love going to New York. I hated it. Couldn’t stand the vertical buildings that blocked the sun. Loud noise, car alarms, police sirens, horns honking, overly crowded, rude people.

I was there 5 days and couldn’t wait to get the darn out of there. But most New Yorkers can’t see themselves living any other way.

Totally agree man.

Froggish

I believe he was the recruit telling the coaches to spend time on others because he was so certain of his commitment. Probably it's more complicated than just a girlfriend thing but who knows. I'd just be hesitant to jump to the conclusion that he's not mentally tough or something along those lines based on the limited information available at this point.

It’s rarely just one thing with young people. If I were a wagering man he’s not only homesick but is probably disappointed he hasn’t seen the field..

TX_Krötenechse

I’m inclined to agree with whoever said that a player leaving mid-season with seemingly no word to the coaches is probably going through something more serious than simple homesickness.

Wexahu

Just read all the replies to your OP.

Here's your answer: No one here knows; further speculation is inappropriate and unfair to the student/athlete involved.

One of the problems IMO of keeping everything under wraps in terms of injuries, why players aren't on the sidelines, have left the team, or whatever. I'm not talking about this case necessarily, some things you just don't air out to the public, but no matter what people are going to speculate, and with social media all that speculation is discussed and made public for everyone to see. And often the things they speculate are worse than the truth regarding that player.