• The KillerFrogs

Anyone know why Karter Johnson has left the team?

thefrogking

Signs point to homesick, girlfriend back at home
That's too bad. When I went to school to play basketball out of state I missed my girlfriend too. So much I asked her to come to school where I was attending. Too bad he could not take that route if that is indeed the issue. The price of a TCU education of course probably made it prohibited.

Armadillo

I hate to say this, and I’m not picking in this young man, but that is just mentally weak. We all got homesick. We all missed out HS girlfriend. But you grow up. Some do. Some don’t.

Again, not picking on him. But perhaps he’d have never made it as a player at the D1 level.

gotta be mentally tough.

(all speculation here). (Not bullying). (No snowflake issues). (I’m WOKE AF). (What’s Twitter?)

netty2424

I hate to say this, and I’m not picking in this young man, but that is just mentally weak. We all got homesick. We all missed out HS girlfriend. But you grow up. Some do. Some don’t.

Again, not picking on him. But perhaps he’d have never made it as a player at the D1 level.

gotta be mentally tough.

(all speculation here). (Not bullying). (No snowflake issues). (I’m WOKE AF). (What’s Twitter?)
Maybe he just doesn’t like it here.

Wexahu

Maybe he just doesn’t like it here.

Maybe so, but if were his parent I’d tell him to commit to stay one year, stay in class and get some credits, and if after a year you want to go somewhere else that’s fine. This has the look of just bailing at the first bit of adversity. But I don’t know the whole story, maybe his leaving is totally justified.

netty2424

Maybe so, but if were his parent I’d tell him to commit to stay one year, stay in class and get some credits, and if after a year you want to go somewhere else that’s fine. This has the look of just bailing at the first bit of adversity. But I don’t know the whole story, maybe his leaving is totally justified.
That’s part of the problem. No one really knows the true story. And I have no idea what his family life is like, but who knows if they weren’t the ones asking him to come home? We don’t know that.

Seems short sided to just assume this is on him without truly knowing what’s going on.

netty2424

Could be...although I would think anyone would want to escape Ohio for as long as possible.
Different strokes for different folks I suppose.

I know people love going to New York. I hated it. Couldn’t stand the vertical buildings that blocked the sun. Loud noise, car alarms, police sirens, horns honking, overly crowded, rude people.

I was there 5 days and couldn’t wait to get the darn out of there. But most New Yorkers can’t see themselves living any other way.