• The KillerFrogs

Anybody else think that fumbled snap was supposed to be...

Long Time Lurker

a direct snap to the runner crossing in front of Hill. I saw that snap fumble and thought, holy crap, here we go paying for some cutesy trick play down inside the 10yl.

berryfrog95

I thought tha was possible and it was funny you heard a choice word on the mic from the center.

That's probably why it happened bc they were trying to time it perfectly.... so Hill could read option the play

Last edited:

ShreveFrog

It looked like Nixon was running toward Hill to take a handoff instead of motioning parallel to the LOS. Or could've been a fake handoff and a pitch to Anderson going the other way.

Edit: It probably was going to be a fake because looking at replay there were two unblocked defenders who would've had Nixon for a loss.

Hill should've recovered that ball. That was when I said, "[ Finebaum ]!"

CountryFrog

No. They had run that exact same motion twice in the game already, one time handing to the motion man and the other time faking to the motion man and giving to the back. They were going to run some variation of that.

Nice conspiracy theory though.

Camofrog

No, the crossing receiver did not appear to belooking for a snap, and KH clearly was not expecting it. Think it was just an anomaly.

Volare

Whatever it was, it was unnecessary. Line up 33 in the backfield and give it to him.

Fortunately that was the only obviously stupid Offensive play call last night, as opposed to last season when we seemed to do it 5-6 times a game, mostly inside the 5 yard line.

Long Time Lurker

No, the crossing receiver did not appear to belooking for a snap, and KH clearly was not expecting it. Think it was just an anomaly.

This is the real fly in the ointment for my theory, but how strange is it that a solid center would hike the ball straight in to his own left leg. Somebody in the know needs to get to the bottom of this immediately, and get back to us.

Long Time Lurker

I was also thinking that Arkansas put extra chaff on the field to slow our kids down. The heavy rain slowed us down at the Rose Bowl, so old Bert told them to pile on the rubber pellets in hopes of slowing us down on their turf. Our guys were slipping and falling in the first half and you could see the black stuff flying.

netty2424

This is the real fly in the ointment for my theory, but how strange is it that a solid center would hike the ball straight in to his own left leg. Somebody in the know needs to get to the bottom of this immediately, and get back to us.
I'm guessing he was sweaty, lost his grip anticipating a quick get off by d-line and it just slipped out of his grasp. Simple as that.

ifrog

It was a bad snap and I doubt it was meant to be snapped directly to Nixon. Hill had to dive just to get to it and Nixon ran into him in the process.

4th. down

It looked like Nixon was running toward Hill to take a handoff instead of motioning parallel to the LOS. Or could've been a fake handoff and a pitch to Anderson going the other way.

Edit: It probably was going to be a fake because looking at replay there were two unblocked defenders who would've had Nixon for a loss.

Hill should've recovered that ball. That was when I said, "[ steaming pile of Orgeron ]!"

Agree, Kenny did not really want that recovery it seemed. Made a half-hearted effort for it and cost us 7. Is this a tell tale sign? Maybe not, hope not. It slipped out of the hand of Morris.

SnoSki

Agree, Kenny did not really want that recovery it seemed. Made a half-hearted effort for it and cost us 7. Is this a tell tale sign? Maybe not, hope not. It slipped out of the hand of Morris.

I think you may be projecting a negative sentiment you already have towards Kenny into that play. He immediately dove for it and it squirted away like what often happens in this game. Can't begin to blame KH for that one IMO.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
Hill dove for the ball immediately and was knocked slightly off course by Nixon which led to the ball getting away from him. If KH didn't care he wouldn't dive into what was sure to be a scrum.

Hill may have some issues but this seems a bit unfair accusation.

TCURiggs

Didn't really want it? He took Nixon out diving to get the ball. Some of y'all try way to hard to find negatives about the guy. I get questioning his bad throws/decisions, but you can't question the guys effort. Hell, he was trying to truck defenders all day and his extra effort resulted in some nice plays.