• The KillerFrogs

Another QB commit?

FROGDADDY

According to Austin, it was kind of the opposite. Here's a snippet of an interview he did with JC on 2/26....

"Quarterback," he said of the position TCU offered him as. "A&M hasn't mentioned any other positions either, they like me as a quarterback."

Here's where it gets good for the Frogs. Aune obviously has a verbal offer from the Frogs for football. He is also getting interest from the Frogs' baseball program as well. If Aune were to play both sports in college(which he plans on doing), he will count toward the football allotment and not baseball. That's good for Jim Schlossnagle, since he won't have to use a scholarship. However, Aune is waiting for the baseball staff to further evaluate him. If they like what they see, this could be a done deal according to Aune.

"Yes sir, basically I'd come on as a football player with a full scholarship and play baseball too," Aune said. "But, that's just if Coach Schlossnagle wants me. I haven't got the full word of if I didn't play football if Coach Sclossnagle would want me, so I'm just waiting for that and it might be done, I'm going."

I was told by someone who talked directly to the kid that he committed a couple weeks ago, not sure what the actual story is and don't really care. He's a good QB and a good baseball player and he's a Frog, that's all that matters. As for baseball, if he can hit JS should consider taking him right now and putting him in the lineup tonight.

Article in Hookem.com

"Last year for the Argyle baseball team, Aune played short stop and hit .551

with three home runs, 27 RBI and eight stolen bases. He also hit 13 doubles

and six triples".

We could certainly use some of that hitting this year.

Houston Frog

Article in Hookem.com

"Last year for the Argyle baseball team, Aune played short stop and hit .551

with three home runs, 27 RBI and eight stolen bases. He also hit 13 doubles

and six triples".

We could certainly use some of that hitting this year.

A .551 average is pretty amazing, especially for a sophomore. Kid sounds like a hell of a prospect. Anyone know what kind of competition Argyle faces in baseball?

Best HS hitter I ever saw was Enrique Cruz for Bellaire, back when they were named National Champs in like 2000. He hit .514 if I remember correctly, but they were ranked #1 in the country, so every team threw their ace against them.

Gunner

With Tyler Matthews & Aune, we seem set at the QB possition. Both are pass first QBs. Makes me wonder if Patterson is going to change the offense from the spread option to more of a pro style. I'm a bit surprised that we didn't take a dual threat QB like Tommy Armstrong.

If you don't think Aune is dual threat, you need to go back and watch the tape.....again and again. Good grief! :rolleyes: