• The KillerFrogs

Another loss is about to be in the books. Can we please fire Doug Meacham? Please?

Shorty

O.K. If this is indeed true, I make the assumption (dangerous, of course) that he is showcasing and preserving himself for the NFL. The thing is, the NFL is leery of players who are perceived as "quitters" or who do not give 110% 24/7. They are also leery of head-case primadonnas.
Are they though? Do top players get penalized for transferring between schools, sitting out of bowl games, or deciding to "focus on the draft" instead of coming back from injuries? I'd say once you prove you've got "it" very little else matters.

tetonfrog

Yes, but why? Our talent is better.

Our talent is not better. Why do you believe that? Because some bogus recruiting service told you?

Name 1 current defender who would start over anyone on the ‘14 D or the Fiesta or Rose Bowl teams.

Want to try to convince me or anyone that our talent is better now?

East Coast

Tier 1
O.K. If this is indeed true, I make the assumption (dangerous, of course) that he is showcasing and preserving himself for the NFL. The thing is, the NFL is leery of players who are perceived as "quitters" or who do not give 110% 24/7. They are also leery of head-case primadonnas. Juxtapose the match we just saw: Bijan Robinson wanted the rock, and toted it for over 200 yards on the ground, dragging his team to victory. ZE tapped out and hung around on the sideline while his team needed him. As an NFL GM, who do you pick?

That's a dopey draft strategy.
Except that he goes all out on every play, and is not only willing to block, but is the best blocking RB I've seen outside the academies in forever..

4th. down

As far as another theory, at least for the SMU game, Dykes worked on staff. He was very well versed on what GP's defense does. He knew the weak spots and had his OC take advantage of them. Of course, over time, any intelligent OC will understand GP's tendencies and figure out a way to attack them. Figure in the difference in talent and desire, and it can lead to a loss in every conference game except maybe Kansas. I hope not.

Good thoughts and WV and Kansas State are not yet at our overall team talent level but they totally understand the GP defense and we have big time trouble trying to beat them. And if we take your thought process further to this coming weekend, Sonny knows more about Gp than the other Sonny, so we better beware of what's waiting for us in Lubbock.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Except that he goes all out on every play, and is not only willing to block, but is the best blocking RB I've seen outside the academies in forever..
Don't get me wrong, I have nothing but good things to say about Zach. I was simply reacting to the assertion that there is some arrangement to limit his carries.

Toad Jones

Do we have an assistant moron who could do any better?
Guess I'll go to my grave saying this, again, for the last 20 years, before each game, GP sits down with every CO & staff, I've ever seen at TCU and asks, tell me what you're going to do? No don't call this, okay call this. Ch w/ me before you run this during the game. Some of you still think Gary has turned over the offense to the offense. It's GP's team and program and he can do what he feels. but there times when you dive to home plate rather than run across it. Want proof, look at the style of offense we run. Same QB's, same, same. On the other hand, ck out Saban he's way out front on every aspect and makes changes quick. 'll say this again, Gary is a great guy and a excellent coach but TCU NEEDS a culture change in coaching starting at the top. ok bomb's away.

4th. down

Agree but Gary has openly stated 10-15 carries for Evans is what they want. So I'd place as much or more blame on GP for that.

Country, I don't see blame here. GP was here when Fran ran his hoss (LT) and GP witnessed the results. He knows how good Zach is, he sees him every day in practice and the entire coaching staff sees it along with the players. I believe they had an understanding early on as to how much work load he should carry and it seems to be about 15 carries/game with around 3 receptions for a total of 18 touches +-. Stop wasting his energy and possible injury as the lead blocker MEACH/KILL. Sure would like to see him on the wheel route.

With Noah and Bethley back and Kari back to full speed and Hodge starting, it's definitely an upgrade for TT.

Rabidfrog

BINGO.

Peterson, 7 times all pro and HOF player, yet he was 2.7 yds./carry against our Frogs. 2* and 3* blue collars doing their work against Big Game Bob.
OU game a non-conference game against a not highly regarded opponent (us) even earlier in the season.

Relic

It seems the smarter arrangement with Zach would have been: We're gonna give you as many touches as it takes to win. Like UT did...

If not, why go after a multi-star recruit? We can lose with 1-stars just fine...

Rabidfrog

If we made an arrangement to limit Zach's touches then I am ok with it. What I am not OK with is third and 6 with the game on the line and they freakin basically run it off tackle and get the 6. Geez.
yep, that was the ballgame. Horns are exulting over the fact that we knew they were going to run. As Wacker would say, they outhorsed us.

Toad Jones

As far as another theory, at least for the SMU game, Dykes worked on staff. He was very well versed on what GP's defense does. He knew the weak spots and had his OC take advantage of them. Of course, over time, any intelligent OC will understand GP's tendencies and figure out a way to attack them. Figure in the difference in talent and desire, and it can lead to a loss in every conference game except maybe Kansas. I hope not.
Believe shorten version is..Patterson knew this was coming from Dykes who is a pretty savy coach. Even shorter version? We were outcoached. Turns out SMU is pretty darn good. Who gets credit for that..Dykes. Of course Dykes. Built a winner faster than Gary. Before the end of the season we will be calling for gary to step down. (90% already realize that but respect for Gary and what he has accomplished keep many quiet)

Big Frog II

Believe shorten version is..Patterson knew this was coming from Dykes who is a pretty savy coach. Even shorter version? We were outcoached. Turns out SMU is pretty darn good. Who gets credit for that..Dykes. Of course Dykes. Built a winner faster than Gary. Before the end of the season we will be calling for gary to step down. (90% already realize that but respect for Gary and what he has accomplished keep many quiet)
I agree that Dykes is a good coach. I disagree on that he built a winner faster than Gary. Dykes also has had the advantage of the new transfer rules. Without two veteran QB's he would not have had the quick success he has had.