• The KillerFrogs

Andy Staples SI article on Big Six conferences breaking away

Delmonico

Semi-Omnipotent Being
Heck, if were so insignificant and underserving, then how did we beat the mighty TCU when we had only been playing Div 1 football for 4 years?

We lost to Tulane that year, too. And to TTech by 35. So beating us in '04 wasn't exactly an Earth-shattering achievement.

Texas Otto

Ah, well no need for me to ever defend anything when it comes to Cuse.... its cuse after all.

Really! See i was just poking a little fun but if you want to poke the bull (pun intended) about tradition between Cuse and USF bring it on lol! Oh and Cuse and TCU have some actual tradition with one another not a one time win that your bragging about when TCU was having an awful season. Good luck with skippy!

:laugh:

Cougar/Frog

Isn't it a great sign for the future when Cuse and USF fans come on the TCU board to bang on each other! I am so looking forward to 2012!!!!!

mtmedlin

Really! See i was just poking a little fun but if you want to poke the bull (pun intended) about tradition between Cuse and USF bring it on lol! Oh and Cuse and TCU have some actual tradition with one another not a one time win that your bragging about when TCU was having an awful season. Good luck with skippy!

:laugh:

Wow, and all that tradition has brought you a 5-1 win ratio against us. Congrats! I will make certain to swell up with pride at all your tradition as we stomp your [Craig James] for the next decade. :)

and thanks, well take Skippy...he at least gets us to bowls and winning seasons.

btw, how is it that a team with NO tradition is 4-2 in bowl games and a school that has been playing nearly 122 years is 12-9. You realize we have 1/3rd your bowl wins with less then 1/10 the time playing?

Poke the Bull and you get the horns.

Endless Purple

Considering how much control the 6 AQ conferences already have, there is not much to gain by splitting off. The only benefit they really gain would be to have the opportunity to pass a rule that allows paying players. NCAA doesn't control football revenues now.

HG73

Considering how much control the 6 AQ conferences already have, there is not much to gain by splitting off. The only benefit they really gain would be to have the opportunity to pass a rule that allows paying players. NCAA doesn't control football revenues now.

Exactly, they would be crazy to split. The only money they lose is just the small portion of the BCS money they have to give the nonAQ's that is split 50 ways, and that makes those slimeballs at the BCs look good in the public's eye. How many BCS busters are there now that Utah and TCU are in AQ conferences? Just Boise, only one.

Now they have at least the semblance of amateur sports. If they break away, they'll be a minor league pro league paying their players, which only a select few can economically do.

Frog-in-law1995

Wow, and all that tradition has brought you a 5-1 win ratio against us. Congrats! I will make certain to swell up with pride at all your tradition as we stomp your [Craig James] for the next decade. :)

and thanks, well take Skippy...he at least gets us to bowls and winning seasons.

btw, how is it that a team with NO tradition is 4-2 in bowl games and a school that has been playing nearly 122 years is 12-9. You realize we have 1/3rd your bowl wins with less then 1/10 the time playing?

Poke the Bull and you get the horns.
Do you think that there have always been 30-something bowl games? There was 1 bowl game in 1930 (Rose), and the number stayed in single digits until the 60s. It was still only in the teens as recently as 1990.

Deep Purple

If I were to look at the 50 year drought that TCU went through, many would have made comments about yall.

50-year drought? TCU's football drought lasted roughly from 1960 to 1998. That's 38 Earth-years, but it's about 60 years on Venus. So I take it you're a recent immigrant.

welcome-to-earth-top.jpg

On, and congrats on that 1-point squeaker you eked out when TCU was having its only losing season in the last 14 years.

mtmedlin

A loss is a loss is a loss. To claim superiority and then backtrack and say we got lucky when you were down is bull. I was only poking fun but if ya really wanna get real about it, theres the truth. You lost to USF, a four year old Div 1 team.

and I apologize.... your 38 year drought... and thats better how? Simple point, being around a long time doesnt mean crap. USF is young but weve accomplished more then a ton of AQ teams out there. Tradition is nice but it isnt the end all be all of sports. I love my Notre Dame and their tradition makes TCUs look like childs play, yet they havent been truly relevant in almost two decades.

Deep Purple

To claim superiority and then backtrack and say we got lucky when you were down is bull.
So is putting words in the mouths of others. Nobody claimed superiority over USF in anything except football tradition. Which is true no matter how you look at it. And nobody said USF "got lucky." I said you won by a breath during TCU's only losing season in recent memory.

strawman.jpg

I can't say I like it but it might be inevitable. Just because we made it to an AQ conference, I don't think we should forget where we came from and the struggle we had to get there. I think there is plenty of dead weight in most AQ conferences that could be cut but won't because of the relationships the power teams have with said dead weight (Vandy, Duke, Iowa St, Wash St).

Deep Purple

I can't say I like it but it might be inevitable. Just because we made it to an AQ conference, I don't think we should forget where we came from and the struggle we had to get there. I think there is plenty of dead weight in most AQ conferences that could be cut but won't because of the relationships the power teams have with said dead weight (Vandy, Duke, Iowa St, Wash St).

Not to mention, if the "power conferences" truly do cut loose from the non-AQ, they're going to need those dead-weight teams just to keep some body-bag games on their schedule.

Cougar/Frog

As to USF, since the Bulls have never finished in a final top 25, I think USF has ZERO claim to "tradition". Shooting up to No. 2 based upon ESPN hype does not represent "tradition".....

asleep003

So is putting words in the mouths of others. Nobody claimed superiority over USF in anything except football tradition. Which is true no matter how you look at it. And nobody said USF "got lucky." I said you won by a breath during TCU's only losing season in recent memory.

strawman.jpg

You're waisting your breath on this Dude... he's relentless, in trying to promote USF on other boards with deaf ears, as his real MO... for some insecure reason!