• The KillerFrogs

Alamo Bowl

Moose Stuff

As soon as the committee took Bama over OSU they were admitting that these rankings are simply who they think is the best team. They clearly think Stanford, Washington, and Notre Dame are better than us regardless of record.

Mean Purple

2 of our losses are to ou. To put Stanford and Washington and the Irish ahead of us is total crap. 2 did not even play this week.
Nobody should be ok with less than an NY 6.

Auburn and Miami played like crap this week.

The committee cannot justify the ranking. To have ou that high and dump down the opponents does not fly.

flyfishingfrog

Why do we care though? It literally doesn’t impact us AT ALL.
It does if you think that finishing the season in the top 10 is better than finishing 14

From both a perception for this year and where you start next year perspective

Plus it says a lot about the perception of our conference that our #2 is 15

I bet we don’t hear that having 8 bowl eligible teams shows it’s a strong conference- I bet we hear it means we are all mediocre after OU

Moose Stuff

2 of our losses are to ou. To put Stanford and Washington and the Irish ahead of us is total crap. 2 did not even play this week.
Nobody should be ok with less than an NY 6.

Auburn and Miami played like crap this week.

The committee cannot justify the ranking. To have ou that high and dump down the opponents does not fly.

We beat one ranked team, lost to an unranked team, and got boat raced twice by the only real good team we played. Hard for me to argue that’s a NY6 team so I’m not gonna lose any sleep over it.

TCUdirtbag

Naive to think stuff like this is not a factor to some degree.

The matchup is made by the CFP Committee without any input from the bowl at all. So what you’re alleging is that those 13 idiots are getting paid under the table or otherwise fraudulently influenced by Bowl reps with ties to the hospitality industry to rank and match up teams a certain way?

I think the CFP is full of blue blood bias and a bunch of morons, but this allegation is next level conspiracy.

tcumaniac

Washington has one loss, we have two even if you leave off second loss to OU.
giphy.gif

Moose Stuff

It does if you think that finishing the season in the top 10 is better than finishing 14

From both a perception for this year and where you start next year perspective

Plus it says a lot about the perception of our conference that our #2 is 15

I bet we don’t hear that having 8 bowl eligible teams shows it’s a strong conference- I bet we hear it means we are all mediocre after OU

I guess we just disagree on the impact of any of that. As soon as we aren’t 12 I couldn’t care less what we’re ranked today. And going into next year is it really gonna matter if we finish the year ranked 11th or 10th?

CountryFrog

How? End of the day, we have three losses and only one real quality win. We had a good season in probably the deepest conference in college, but if we are honest with ourselves, we don’t have the resume for NY6.
Feel free to show us all the great resume that Penn St and Washington have. And guess what, if those teams had just played Oklahoma yesterday then they'd have 3 losses right now too. All of the teams that passed us would've lost to Oklahoma yesterday.