• The KillerFrogs

Alamo Bowl Tics

netty2424

Wife's uncle called with extra tickets in the club level section 224 row 7. We planned on sitting lower bowl, but can't ignore free tickets.

I went online to look at these seats to see if we should take them or sit in lower bowl. In the FAQ's on Alamo Bowl website they state club level 200's have 6 rows(rows 1-6). It further states in the south end zone club level which is the TCU end zone club level, they have rows 7-10. But it states they are folding chairs.

Has anyone come across this yet? Are these temporary folding chair seats and more importantly do they have an obstructed view?

I went on stubhub to see but I don't see any 7-10 rows for sale.

I'd rather pay for good seats than have an obstructed view with free seats.

dkfrog

NewFrogFan said:
I guess that's why this is a great country........you buy your end zone seats from TCU for the bowl, I buy my 35 yard line seats some where else, and like I said, good luck getting to better seats based on points, the other 85% of the stadium will be doing the same. I can GUARANTEE there will be TCU fans ALL around me. BTW, you are younger than my youngest kid....I am "new" here, but my season tics started when you were about 14, start writing really big checks.
Not sure what my age has to do with any of this...

Look, we are all on the same side here. I just blindly support my school a bit more than you do. Also, I'm a bit more optimistic about things.

An example of how things worked out for me in the past: 1 yr out of school, I bought a group of season tickets. Could I have gotten in for free with my old student ID like all (and I mean ALL) of my friends? Yes. Did I? No. That worked out for me down the road when I had built up priority points for a number of years and those guys were without tickets.

This is on a much different scale (I'll give you that), but is it much of a stretch to say that buying bowl tickets through TCU may one day pay off for me when bowl ticket demand vastly outpaces supply? I don't think so.

NewFrogFan

dkfrog said:
Not sure what my age has to do with any of this...

Look, we are all on the same side here. I just blindly support my school a bit more than you do. Also, I'm a bit more optimistic about things.

An example of how things worked out for me in the past: 1 yr out of school, I bought a group of season tickets. Could I have gotten in for free with my old student ID like all (and I mean ALL) of my friends? Yes. Did I? No. That worked out for me down the road when I had built up priority points for a number of years and those guys were without tickets.

This is on a much different scale (I'll give you that), but is it much of a stretch to say that buying bowl tickets through TCU may one day pay off for me when bowl ticket demand vastly outpaces supply? I don't think so.
Your age has to do with "it" because you implied because you bought bowl tickets from TCU that those PP would somehow soar you to seats that so far evade you, and me..........and I started the "process" much earlier than you but not NEARLY as early as some of the people on this forum and those that will be WELDED at the top of the Frog Club until they die, and I mean, die! The ONLY way around the system is to inherit someone's "spot" or write HUGE checks..........and most of the time, every year. This is the first year Club Level came up for renewal, I am on that list, at a little over 700 I did not even get a phone call for the worst seats that MAY have come open. As I said, good luck with your "technique", I tried it, it has not worked.

PurplFrawg

Administrator
Bowl ticket demand already outdistances supply, as TCUs allotment quickly sold out in 2 days or so.  That means there were more TCU season ticket holders desiring tickets that the bowl required to be sold to TCU.  This has happened for several years.  Because of the nature of the bowl ticket distribution, more of us buy on the secondary market than through TCU.  We get better seats and you get the lesser quality seats.  As NFF said, the few PPs you get for buying through the ticket office is not going to make a difference when you consider all the +4s out there who will hold onto their stash of season seats till death do them part. 

dkfrog

I completely understand your point, but take a second to try to understand mine.

Yes, you will end up with better seats for the Alamo Bowl, but what happens when you do the same for the CFP? Well, you'll pay 3-4X on the secondary market than what I will through TCU.

Also, to your point about getting access to better seats at AGC. I've moved 8 seats closer to the 50 and closer to the field each of the last 3 years. Plus, You've been accruing PP for what 8 years longer than I have? I think I'll be fine by the time I can't handle sitting on the East side anymore (which is likely never because the east side is the best value in the stadium).

CountryFrog

dkfrog said:
It's not smack talk it's just realizing that it's important/valuable to gain PP...
Semantics. It's entertaining no matter what you want to call it.

And for the record I buy all my bowl tickets through TCU including this year so I think it's great that you do too. It's just a strange thing to have a debate about.

cdsfrog

ShadowFrog said:
officially sold out yet?
Over 50k. Should be above 60k with walk in sales. Secondary market is holding unlike peach bowl. A lot of empty seats though due to ludicrous resale prices.

ShadowFrog

Moderators
cdsfrog said:
Over 50k. Should be above 60k with walk in sales. Secondary market is holding unlike peach bowl. A lot of empty seats though due to ludicrous resale prices.
Easily fixed. Whatever seats remain, all officials have to do is open the doors to any Airman in uniform. Every Saturday is town pass for the basic trainies the weekend before they graduate 3 days later. There will be the usual swarm of starched blue marching & some actually walking around downtown. Easy fix indeed.