• The KillerFrogs

ADJD Says "Probable" that only 50% or 25% for Football

does that map look anything like this?

ThOjlcgrhrbJXQNa7OkzWZbT2Ic6_rF12zP6SU3oKsZFCHf_MSQK74bYzE3eFAM7HP1CmijfhaGeozVL9ManASBehCyZJ2gxtQQ0Q6z9b6K7xqaiknOV9tt546LmYlJdAABWua0v6GomSOcZpTErTcg8PiVpQSttkoTHxg
I am laughing and you are laughing but it really does. When you think abt social distancing, seating, contact-less ticket/parking reading, sealed concessions, elevator/escalator limits, possible entry times per ticket (eg sections X-X have to enter the stadium 1hr before kickoff, sections Y-Y 1.5hr before kickoff), no buffets in the lounges...the list goes on. This will be odd and some people will bear the blunt more than others.

The good news is (as of my conversation on Monday): We will be playing Cal, or Bama @ Cowboys. That is a certainty. Whether there are fans...that's one of the questions TBD.

Eight

I am laughing and you are laughing but it really does. When you think abt social distancing, seating, contact-less ticket/parking reading, sealed concessions, elevator/escalator limits, possible entry times per ticket (eg sections X-X have to enter the stadium 1hr before kickoff, sections Y-Y 1.5hr before kickoff), no buffets in the lounges...the list goes on. This will be odd and some people will bear the blunt more than others.

The good news is (as of my conversation on Monday): We will be playing Cal, or Bama @ Cowboys. That is a certainty. Whether there are fans...that's one of the questions TBD.

as i mentioned in another thread, i was talking yesterday with the person at church in charge of creating policies and implementing changes to allow people to attend services and there was a serious discussion of all or nothing

sadly, the driver for the limitations for trying to control the church's potential liability if someone was found to contract the virus by attending a service which is a truly sad thought

same with attending a football game, but i understand we live in a world now where someone needs to be responsible

MTfrog5

I just called the ticket office. Understandably, they have no idea what's going to ultimately happen, but I was told to expect there to be some kind of attendance limitations in place.

I asked if they were willing to share any ideas that have at least been tossed around for how to possibly implement such polices... guy I spoke to was at a loss and said it's still being actively brainstormed and discussed.
What’s the point in calling the ticket office? You think that they’d just tell you the plan and still wait to officially release it to everyone else?

Wexahu

I think you will see 50 percent if they allow it. There would be enough demand for that. The math would be different because a supply problem is created where there wasn’t one before.

Possibly, but I think the demand will be dinged because it just won't be as fun to attend a game. For every one person of the 50% that doesn't/can't go, I don't think there will automatically be someone next in line.

Hell, I never miss games, but if's its 50% and there a bunch of stupid rules regarding tailgating and stuff, I won't bother going.

as i mentioned in another thread, i was talking yesterday with the person at church in charge of creating policies and implementing changes to allow people to attend services and there was a serious discussion of all or nothing

sadly, the driver for the limitations for trying to control the church's potential liability if someone was found to contract the virus by attending a service which is a truly sad thought

same with attending a football game, but i understand we live in a world now where someone needs to be responsible
Liability is a HUGE factor. Be prepared to see signs EVERYWHERE (not just at TCU) saying enter/participate at your own risk. The "You may very well die by using our product." sign.

Need more than 6’ separation for louder talking droplets (12-15’ on average). A sneeze launched droplet goes about 30’. So the masks limit the droplets that get beyond that 6’ area on projected voice or sneeze situations. Those are fairly simple summaries.

Likely the droplets would just hit the back of my head though, right?

If “What if’s” was a sport in the Olympics, the US would win the Gold every time.

DubaiFrog

I'm hoping for an all or nothing approach when it comes to season ticket holders. For example, I would prefer they tell me that I can use all 7 of my tickets for all games or none at all and resume as normal next season. If they start splitting up which games can be attended or half of the tickets can be used, that would be a cluster. If the cluster does happen, I would hope that the account holder can decide to opt for nothing option.

I hope its not this dumb. I buy 2 east side tickets a year which I split with a buddy who's just bought under my account since we graduated (big spenders I know). I can't imagine a scenario where they allow us 1/2 our normal seats (1 ticket?) for every game. Love the frogs but i'm not going to sit at a game alone.

berryfrog95

This will be interesting how they decipher prioritizing seating.

What if they do priority points and the higher you are the better home game you get, wow

what if you plan to go and then you end up not being able too, is there a portal that auto-invites the next ticket holder?

What about the allotment for the students?

does the water girl count as one of the 23,000?

Pharm Frog

I’m probably going to wait for the final decision before getting all worked up over it. I will draw the line at mandatory masks though. Not sitting at a darning football game with a mask on.

And this is why I'm thinking we're looking at a bit of a trial balloon.