• The KillerFrogs

ADJD Says "Probable" that only 50% or 25% for Football

Zubaz

That's way more optimistic than what I am expecting, which is no fans in attendance. I would take 50%, even 25%, in a heartbeat.

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
Just saw an article that ISU will allow only season ticket holders. They must have mostly walk up sales if they are growing to keep people separated.

MAcFroggy

Steel don’t disagree

if you are in a group that is “at risk” such as 40+ BMI, over 75 etc, have COPD etc. you need to “self quarentine” and let the rest of us go about our lives

TCU also has to worry about not alienating wealthy (older) donors. I do not think it is as simple as you make it seem.

TCUdirtbag

50% is where I think this is headed.

Look, tcu is going to do what everyone else does. We aren’t going to be an industry leader on this. And that’s okay.

Unlike state institutions, TCU doesn’t enjoy sovereign immunity. So we won’t be more aggressive/open than our public counterparts. By taking reasonable steps and blending into the crowd, we’ll be deemed “reasonable” in our actions and not subject the university to a successful negligence claim of a bunch of people get the virus at a game.

Wexahu

50% is where I think this is headed.

Look, tcu is going to do what everyone else does. We aren’t going to be an industry leader on this. And that’s okay.

Unlike state institutions, TCU doesn’t enjoy sovereign immunity. So we won’t be more aggressive/open than our public counterparts. By taking reasonable steps and blending into the crowd, we’ll be deemed “reasonable” in our actions and not subject the university to a successful negligence claim of a bunch of people get the virus at a game.

Oh for sure, I wouldn't expect TCU is go against the grain, every school will end up with basically the same guidelines. I just think at this point, given all the information we have, there's little reason not to have a normal season.

tcumaniac

I just called the ticket office. Understandably, they have no idea what's going to ultimately happen, but I was told to expect there to be some kind of attendance limitations in place.

I asked if they were willing to share any ideas that have at least been tossed around for how to possibly implement such polices... guy I spoke to was at a loss and said it's still being actively brainstormed and discussed.

Wexahu

How are they going to make this work? Half of the season ticket holders go to one game and the other half the next?

It's damn near unworkable. It'll be a debacle and will probably upset people a lot more than if they just said screw it, nobody can come.

Seriously, how fun would be it going to the stadium and staying socially distanced? The whole idea is just ridiculous IMO. And I know, something is better than nothing, but damn that would be frustrating with all the virtue signaling all over. I'd just stay home.