• The KillerFrogs

AD’s/Admin from TCU, Baylor, Tech, Texas and Bowlsby testifying in front of Senate

Mean Purple

Dear OSU Family,

The intercollegiate athletics model is uniquely American. There is no other system like it anywhere in the world. Although not perfect, it has provided a path for hundreds of thousands of student-athletes to earn life-changing degrees while experiencing the rigors and thrill of competing at the highest levels of their sport. Likewise, generations of fans have come to campus to revel in the pageantry of fall Saturdays. There is nothing that bonds us together quite like sports.

Events over the summer make clear that college athletics is in one of its most transformational periods in history. And while change can be unsettling, it can also be good. President Shrum and I view these changes as a great opportunity for Oklahoma State University and OSU Athletics. We will always be steadfast in pursuing what is best for our beloved university.

Thanks to the hard work and generosity of so many, the Oklahoma State brand has never been stronger and it is our brand that will pave our path forward. It is a brand forged by the sustained success and national prominence Cowboy Football has achieved under Coach Gundy’s leadership. Since 2010, OSU Football is 12th nationally in total number of wins and is one of just three programs in the country with a streak of 15 consecutive winning seasons and bowl appearances. Oklahoma State is one of only 10 Power Five football programs with more than 100 wins since 2010 and has been ranked in the Top 15 of the Associated Press poll in 11 of the past 13 seasons. OSU Football has reached the Top 10 of the AP poll in 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2015, 2017 and 2020, finishing as high as third.

It is a brand forged by world-class facilities and competitive success at the highest levels across all of our programs. In 2021, OSU finished 18th in the nation (second in the Big 12 to Texas) in the Learfield Director’s Cup, which measures athletic department success across all programs. It is a brand forged by 52 NCAA National Championships (the most in the Big 12 and fourth nationally) and consistent Bedlam Cup victories, including a 23-12 advantage this year. It is a brand forged by stadiums and arenas full of passionate fans wearing bright Orange and one of the best tailgating scenes in college football.

The people of Oklahoma State have always come together to face challenges head-on with resolve, strength and determination. I have seen it up close and personal. Once again, we will turn these current challenges into opportunity.

I am grateful for the overwhelming number of emails, texts and calls we have received from OSU alumni, fans and supporters asking what they can do to help. The answer is to continue to support our student-athletes and coaches by buying season tickets, coming to games, wearing Orange and flying the flag. Join the POSSE and Star Your Car. And if you haven’t done any of these before, we invite you to join us. There has never been a better time to start.

Our strength is in our passion and in our numbers. You matter! Every single one of you. That has always been true, and because of you, I have never been more optimistic about our future. Go Pokes!

Loyal & True,

bec2e2e0e2a1545903c0d1bfc0c367d0.jpg

Chad Weiberg
Athletic Director

That letter reminds me of David Housel's 2002 radio address just ahead of the Iron Bowl. Had that Iron Bowl not been the first of 6 Auburn Iron Bowl victories in a row over those pieces of [ Finebaum ] in T-town, I'd call the radio address one of the top 10 most embarrassing moments in Southern sports history.