• The KillerFrogs

According to weather service

Toad Jones

That got your attention, did it not? So they, the weather folks, say the 21st of August, the temperatures breaks and pretty much holds around 92. as it gradually cools down. Also said El Nino continues and actually get stronger. That means an early winter with below temps for winter. What I want is moisture and lots of it.

Forgot to add, the high temperature of 107, 105 etc continue until the 21st

Last edited:
Part of me would like to keep the triple digit heat through at least through the Colorado game. That way this team can start off the season with a statement. If it is real hot, I think Colorado gets stomped bad. Furthermore, I would love to see Dion Sanders get off to a bad start so he will fail. I do not like how he has abused the portal.

Last edited:

Froggy Style

We will just hv to wait and experience what is in store but at least some good weather news. At least FS, back up your prediction with something other than incorrect.
So, you say in your edited post that 105 until august 21. Then we do an immediate drop to 92 on August 21st.

Of course you also say that's a gradual cool down. Seems like you're just making crap up. Which becomes more evident with each edit.

If we're at 92 on Aug 21, you're king for a day. Of course you say that's from the weather service. I say we're not under 102.

Toad Jones

So, you say in your edited post that 105 until august 21. Then we do an immediate drop to 92 on August 21st.

Of course you also say that's a gradual cool down. Seems like you're just making crap up. Which becomes more evident with each edit.

If we're at 92 on Aug 21, you're king for a day. Of course you say that's from the weather service. I say we're not under 102.

Finally, I posted the article from the weather service front page. Guilty! I'm not smart enough to predict the weather b/c I'm not privy to that type of information, which by the way is extremely expensive information.

From personal experience (age) mainly, I was told by my elders, around the first eight to ten days of Sept the heat pattern does break. That prediction has held fast for many years. So, whomever the weather person was that posted the article, was pretty close to being right. In other words, it is a safe prediction the temperature does break at those dates. In that article, it also said El Niño was getting stronger and that meant an early winter, as in speeded up prognostications. I'd say eight to ten days early as the 21st day of August. Either way, I'm overjoyed the temperatures will be lower than 104.

One interesting note that also is a stable prediction from my elders. At eleven o'clock in the morning, whatever the temperature, add ten degrees to that figure and that will be the high temperature for that day. To make it easy to remember, add ten at eleven..... for the that day's high temperature.

finally

Last edited:

Limp Lizard

People complain as if we are getting the same forecasting that we got in 1975. They are generally pretty accurate up to about 10 days. Then the mathematical models go to hell. They can still miss a storm or two and the late autumn through early spring are nightmares. But the do an OK job. 10 or so misses out of 365 days is still not bad.

But the do an OK job. 10 or so misses out of 365 days is still not bad.
giphy.gif

Horny4TCU

Are we talking about Texas?

Are we talking about September 2nd weather?

If the answer to both is yes, just assume it will be hot. Has it ever not been hot in September? I can't recall a fall like September in all my years living in Texas. It's always in the 90s. We might get a couple of cool days, but overall, it's usually toasty.

Limp Lizard

The year 2000 is one I hope we don't repeat weather-wise. Hot and humid summer. Sept. 23 was a night game against Arkansas State, in the 90's, very, very humid, and not a hint of a breeze. I was miserable as was everyone else in the stands.

The next home game was October 7. It was a day game against Hawaii. Cloudy, cold, and windy. Miserable conditions to watch a game, for the opposite reasons as the Arky St. game.

The rest of the season saw cold game days in Fort Worth.

It was an awful year in the stands at ACS.