Kansas
Iowa state

Oregon
Washington
Utah
Colorado
UA
Stanford

Why is Kansas State out of the coast-to-coast? Independent? MAC? PAC? Create new conference with Central Florida, South Florida, Houston, Cincinnati, UTEP, UTSA, SMU, Rice, Tulsa, LaTech?

East Coast

Tier 1
There creating the third super conference coast to coast

Clemson,
VT
FSU
NC State
UNC
Miami
UVA

TCU
Oklahoma st
Texas tech
Baylor
Kansas
Iowa state

Oregon
Washington
Utah
Colorado
UA
Stanford
I was thinking that the top 8 (enough to break the GOR) might split off and form their own conference. It's also remotely possible they could go the third super conference route and make BY the commissioner. So in Traveling Frog's scenario you need 8 ACC schools, or one of them pairs with Notre Dame or someone else in SEC or Big10 expansion. Since we are talking fantasyland, I don't know how many Big12 schools you would need to break up the conference before the new GOR runs out (assuming it's all signed and a done deal)

Peacefrog

Degenerate
I can't imagine they'll call it the 38DD Conference, but it would draw eyes...
You know, sometimes conferences can just be too big. I mean bigger conferences do have their merits, don’t get me wrong. If a conference is too small what’s even the point. But a 36C conference is just about right. Seems like it will stay on top for longer than bigger conferences and still be great to watch. Those big conferences eventually collapse under their own weight.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
You know, sometimes conferences can just be too big. I mean bigger conferences do have their merits, don’t get me wrong. If a conference is too small what’s even the point. But a 36C conference is just about right. Seems like it will stay on top for longer than bigger conferences and still be great to watch. Those big conferences eventually collapse under their own weight.
Well, it's actually more like gravity pulling things down. Slowly, the magnificent edifices begin to sag...

Fred Garvin

I service the entire Quad Cities Area
ACC schools locked into a TV contract thru 2036 during a time when tv rights were increasing drastically with every new contract. They pledged grant of rights to keep teams there. FSU can't call "backsies" without paying a HUGE penalty and none of the other ACC teams have any incentive to agree to that.

FSU will be crying about getting fewer dollars than UCF for more than a decade. That's too bad. :cool:

Bizarro Frog

Going to be interesting if the majority of the ACC wants to leave or disband the conference but they can't. Could get pretty bitter. Have the schools that are possibly getting left behind not invested in their athletics and just want to ride the coattails and money train of the programs that have? Eventually you either invest or get demoted to a lower level of competition. There are few if any programs like TCU that got relegated, rebuilt, invested, moved up and thrived.

Eight

Going to be interesting if the majority of the ACC wants to leave or disband the conference but they can't. Could get pretty bitter. Have the schools that are possibly getting left behind not invested in their athletics and just want to ride the coattails and money train of the programs that have? Eventually you either invest or get demoted to a lower level of competition. There are few if any programs like TCU that got relegated, rebuilt, invested, moved up and thrived.

in theory yes, but outside the breakup of the swc, what was the last major conference to break apart and schools find themselves being left behind?

there are a number of schools who either due to lack of resources or by choice have not poured money into their athletic programs and facilities the way we have seen the sec schools and a number of big 12 schools and so far there have been no repercussions

what is really interesting is the "smaller conference " schools who have pumped money into programs and facilities and are too late in the process