• The KillerFrogs

About That Flying T Happy Hour in Phoenix…

Given what I know about one of their executives I'm not surprised.
Yah I do not like speaking ill of anyone but be ... mindful if you work with these Flying T folks on NIL. For one, your dollar does not go as far as you think it does (look no further than these regular lavish parties).

IMO, far better orgs at TCU to support, eg. Think NIL.

The battle between NIL supporters for TCU is dumb, and reductive overall. Just stay in your lane and keep the others name out of your mouth. (And yes I said the same thing to them)
I agree but it is a little more complicated than said with the parties involved. I got so annoyed (feelings hurt, wah wah, I know) I ended up just funding athletes directly myself.

(And being someone in finance, it probably is a fiduciary to let others know abt where their dollar actually goes. That Flying T 990 is gonna be interesting whn released in 2024.)

Prince of Purpoole II

Reigning Smartarse
Yah I do not like speaking ill of anyone but be ... mindful if you work with these Flying T folks on NIL. For one, your dollar does not go as far as you think it does (look no further than these regular lavish parties).

(And being someone in finance, it probably is a fiduciary to let others know abt where their dollar actually goes. That Flying T 990 is gonna be interesting whn released in 2024.)
As to this lavish party, the tickets are $100 each so it is not paid for with organization money. Flying T is 501(c)(3) so donations are deductible. The administrative costs I have seen are reasonable so I don’t think your point is well taken. Obviously filings will be public so I can wait for the facts. I mean you start by saying you don’t want to speak ill and then plow right ahead

Finally, this post is intended to be humorous as some wives are going to be a little dubious about the bartender outfits. I’m not trying to start a debate about NIL or the merits of one group over another. I’m for anything that adds value and participation to the program

Full disclosure: I support TCU through Flying T

I mean you start by saying you don’t want to speak ill and then plow right ahead
Nothing was ill nor did, I believe, plow right ahead. I simply said be mindful and offered some insight as to where the $ goes. Never once spoke ill against the leadership. Never used a negative connotation.

Also agree with GSR we are all in this together.

ticketfrog123

IMO, far better orgs at TCU to support, eg. Think NIL.
The flying T website looks amateur and is riddled with typos.

Both Think NIL and Flying T have guys at the top who refer to themselves as serial entrepreneurs.

Is it common for schools to have competing NIL collectives?

Hard pass. Frog club seems to be the way to go.