• The KillerFrogs

A Football Forum

Spike

Maybe we could start a forum for asinine threads that would only made during the bad weather season between football and baseball. I think that in about a week n a half the number of silly threads will decline.

Rabble Rouser

We can certainly make it another forum under KillerFrogs.com.

The Frog Fan Forum will always be the central sports forum for KillerFrogs. However, if you want a "die hard" type.......football only discussion forum.....we will provide it. I'm sure some football topics will get double posted on both boards.

Please support it when we put it up.

If it ain't broke...

Endless Purple

I like it the way it is.

Some schools can have a football only forum, but they are much much larger schools. The site looks better and works better when there are not post from 5 weeks ago (or 2 years ago) on the front page like some other boards I have been to.

Also going to a different location for every sport is a pain for maybe one or two threads, plus then we need a T&F page, Rifle page, Equestrian, ....

I do agree, there are a couple threads here and there that could fit the general topics, but only need one sports page.

frogman

The Frog Fan Forum will always be the central sports forum for KillerFrogs. However, if you want a "die hard" type.......football only discussion forum.....we will provide it. I'm sure some football topics will get double posted on both boards.

Leaving rhetorics apart,Scott,as I said in my earlier post not having a Stand lone Football forum has effected our recruiting to some degree.we have 4 star 5 star football players who play on sunday yet we have not been able to attract a so called 5 star recruit .

CGP said the other day ,our 2 star recruit goes to one of these elite programs suddenly Rivals gives him a 4 star label,we are not going to change Rival/ Scout modus operandi because of economics and sheer numbers.

We are an Elite program ,most of our competetion have stand alone Football forum and recruiting as its main feature,need is there. CGP has Acheived the elite status his way,as a small school we have to join our way.

asleep003

TCU Football carries this University on it's back. Applications have skyrocketed, hundreds of millions poured into athletic facilities & unprecedented publicity for this University. Why? Football!!! Now saying that....means that football spans more than just X's & O's at TCU. Thus the Frog Fan Forum.

The Frog Fan Forum is certainly football driven, but not limited to football. It has been tremendously successful since KillerFrogs opened in 1997 (Even before that in the old Frog Fan Forum). We do like to keep it sports related.

Our growth has been tremendous, due to our great readership & members. Guess we cannot keep everyone happy. If we saw a tremendous need to carry a "football only" board....We could easily do so. I just don't see it working at this point. I guess I could be wrong.

We are certainly open to this & further suggestions to improve our site.

Thanx for an open mind ... discussion was the tone of this thread, though I realized there would be personal attacks. And never even suggested anything negitive about this site.

asleep003

Leaving rhetorics apart,Scott,as I said in my earlier post not having a Stand lone Football forum has effected our recruiting to some degree.we have 4 star 5 star football players who play on sunday yet we have not been able to attract a so called 5 star recruit .

CGP said the other day ,our 2 star recruit goes to one of these elite programs suddenly Rivals gives him a 4 star label,we are not going to change Rival/ Scout modus operandi because of economics and sheer numbers.

We are an Elite program ,most of our competetion have stand alone Football forum and recruiting as its main feature,need is there. CGP has Acheived the elite status his way,as a small school we have to join our way.

Never looked at it from a recruiting vantage.

asleep003

Sorry, I missed this Scott. That would be wonderful and a deserving forum for Our headsup football program!!

asleep003

Well thank you for your wisdom! I haven't been around football much and only been on this site a couple of weeks. But I will remember everything you have said. :wink:

For my next post I think I will do something on TJ Hooker and how his series was related to football. :biggrin:

Great ! Can't wait ... a real football topic.

asleep003

You did not realize the foresight in your topic starting post.It makes lots of sense.This is natural evolution ,almost a no brainer.

This is the sort of stuff the thread was looking for in support. Though there were those that oposed with their personal feelings for keeping it the same. The idea was to discuss in a brainstorming fashion... but it got derailed for a while, like a lot of threads will.

asleep003

Agree Mistle...but good luck with that. This site will always be dominated (for better or worse) by about 30-40 posters and mods. They seem to like it this way, the more general TCU talk and not just football...and the Chipotle, the "this has been posted", the Baylor obsession, the GDU beating, etc...etc...

Kinda is what it is, & most seem to like it that way.

I expect you to be flogged for this suggestion...but I support ya

Thanx... actually you took a chance yourself in agreeing with the basic idea. Pretty much knew would get more character assasinations than constructive views, pro or con.

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus
The Frog Fan Forum dates back to the early 1990's and then was taken over by me plus some others in 1997. There was always one "catch all" forum, if you will, and that has served us well for years.

I don't buy into the notion that our not having a football board is somehow a detriment to recruiting. If someone wanted to play that game then I could say that Scott parting his hair on the left side of his head, hurts recruiting. Or that wearing a dirty t-shirt costs us prime recruits.

However I will be fair and if you guys want one, its no skin off my head to start one up. I will tell you that we have dedicated basketball and football boards that are rarely used.

Say the word and its done but I don't think its necessary.

Trelvis

I like having one place for everything. I feel like 70% of the topics in here are football related anyways. The other 30% is made up of Baseball, Basketball, whats happening on the Baylor forum, the weather and people arguing with Maniac and GDU.

PurplePutt

A football forum would be great. Especially for recruiting. Fiesty could post all of his intell and the guys from PM could refute it or confirm it (with discretion, of course).