• The KillerFrogs

A certain punt returner has let SD back in game

With his incredible speed he can be used effectively as a receiver.

He'll be fine as long as he is not utilized on punt or kickoff returns.

Hopefully, after this last chilling episode a lesson has been learned. :blink:

mrnicefrog

Some guy made a bad play for some team I watched tonight. It was very upsetting. (this message has met the standards of mrnicefrog).

It's not my standards. Its the rules of he board. You should read them, they are good rules. "Fans" shouldn't call out 20 year old kids who play for their team for free.

BABYFACE

Rules of the board is not to call a plyer out by name. I agree someone using his number is the same.

If I said a D-Lineman had a bad game and looked like he was not mentally into it, would not be violating this rule. That could have been one of 8 players.

mrnicefrog

They don't play for free. They get a free education valued at $120,000-$160,000.

Sweet! Over a 5 year playing a career that's like $25k a year! Wow! :wacko:
They don't even have to take out studuent loans, just have lifelong migrains and knee problems. Worth every penny. :wacko:

jake102

They don't even have to take out studuent loans, just have lifelong migrains and knee problems. Worth every penny. :wacko:

Yeah... $25k is nothing.

I got paid (negative) $40k a year. Thanks parents.

toadallytexan

ToadallyTexan
Someone here already warned us that we have really had it good, but Kerley's graduation, he cautioned us, would be felt this year for two reasons. Obviously his ability on run-backs was the first. But, what the poster predicted we under appreciated was the second skill -- what he did NOt do...muff punts.

Kerley made sound fair catch decisions, and kept his cool back there. He didn't take any premature peeks at the coverage at the expense of losing sight on the ball. What looked to most of us like a ho-hum play -- the fair catch -- was really also an art form.

Folks, we were spoiled. We had an All-American and multiple All-MWC returner in that role. Of course he's going to be missed. The player complained of here is, what, a soph. Nobody can say the young man didn't play fearlessly in the returner's role. He has speed and a ton of guts back there. He was, thankfully for us, born with an extra helping of those two attributes.

He just needs us to cut him some slack, to develop the judgement that is an equally important quality. That, comes only with experience and time.

goldenfrog

Your certainly entitled to your opinion. However, your comment is more of an insult thatn an opinion. You are kicking one of our players who is already down.
Thanks for being the protector of the players. I am sure the new hole GP ripped him hurts far worse than a dumb fan board.

Atom

Don't like it - don't do it. Easy cheesy, pay for your own education. And if you can't handle some well warranted criticism, then well no comment from me.