• The KillerFrogs

'99 Mobile Alabama Bowl Question

desmith03

Just curious if anyone has a copy of the souvenir program from the 1999 Mobile Alabama Bowl or a ticket stub from the game that they would be willing to sell me. If so, please PM.

Thanks!
Daniel '02

West Texas Frog

QUOTE(Daniel @ Apr 13 2010, 10:57 AM) [snapback]544170[/snapback]
Just curious if anyone has a copy of the souvenir program from the 1999 Mobile Alabama Bowl or a ticket stub from the game that they would be willing to sell me. If so, please PM.

Thanks!
Daniel '02

A good place to check for one or both is on ebay. I have a program and ticket stub of every TCU bowl game since 1984. Speaking of the '84 Bluebonnet Bowl, I got a replacement program off of ebay because my original one was in bad shape (got wet somehow...probably from spilled beer). :biggrin:

desmith03

QUOTE(WestTexasFrog @ Apr 13 2010, 12:04 PM) [snapback]544211[/snapback]
A good place to check for one or both is on ebay. I have a program and ticket stub of every TCU bowl game since 1984. Speaking of the '84 Bluebonnet Bowl, I got a replacement program off of ebay because my original one was in bad shape (got wet somehow...probably from spilled beer). :biggrin:

I actually hit eBay daily looking to grow my memorabilia collection. :tongue: The 1984 Bluebonnet Bowl program is very prevalent, but there aren't many ticket stubs up for sale; none that I've seen in the last 4 years. I haven't seen anything for the '99 Mobile Bowl pop up there either.

Thanks!

desmith03

QUOTE(SoonerFrogs @ Apr 13 2010, 01:51 PM) [snapback]544254[/snapback]
is that the game that was ridiculously cold?

Not sure; I was a freshman and unable to attend. I do know, not through personal experience, that the '48 Delta Bowl had freezing rain in Memphis. Hats off to those players!

joejordan

QUOTE(SoonerFrogs @ Apr 13 2010, 02:51 PM) [snapback]544254[/snapback]

I think you're speaking of the Poulan Weedeater in Shreveport. Freezing cold rain the entire 2nd half. Not near as much fun as Clemson.

joejordan

QUOTE(WestTexasFrog @ Apr 13 2010, 01:04 PM) [snapback]544211[/snapback]

Coldest foam in the Dome!

YA

The bowl game against ECU was cold and damp. The biggest hit I have ever seen from a TCU player, sans the Tech game, was against the backup QB to QB David Gerrard by an LB that put a hit on him that the commentators went nuts over. WOW, it was huge.

Zammers

Yes! Coldest I've ever been. I was unprepared and figured it wouldn't get THAT cold in Alabama. It was like 30 degrees, high humidity, and the wind was blowing off the ocean. Recipe for some serious cold.

SAFrog

QUOTE(Zammers @ Apr 13 2010, 03:09 PM) [snapback]544313[/snapback]
Yes! Coldest I've ever been. I was unprepared and figured it wouldn't get THAT cold in Alabama. It was like 30 degrees, high humidity, and the wind was blowing off the ocean. Recipe for some serious cold.

The 1999 and 2000 Mobile Bowls were both played in freezing weather.

ectofrog

QUOTE(Zammers @ Apr 13 2010, 03:09 PM) [snapback]544313[/snapback]
Yes! Coldest I've ever been.

Well...I was at that one. I was also at the USAFA game last year. THAT was the coldest I think I've ever been, much less at a football game specifically. Wind chill below zero.

frogger30

That was a great hit. It was Shannon Brazell on David Garard (Jacksonville Jaguars). I thought the USM bowl game was a lot colder than the ECU game. Just my memory though.

South Texas Frog

QUOTE(frogger30 @ Apr 13 2010, 08:44 PM) [snapback]544469[/snapback]
thought the USM bowl game was a lot colder than the ECU game. Just my memory though.

I was a freshman that year (2000)...we had to sit outside of the locker room pre-game and at halftime because it was so darn small. :angry:

TCU2002

QUOTE(YA @ Apr 13 2010, 03:56 PM) [snapback]544296[/snapback]
The bowl game against ECU was cold and damp. The biggest hit I have ever seen from a TCU player, sans the Tech game, was against the backup QB to QB David Gerrard by an LB that put a hit on him that the commentators went nuts over. WOW, it was huge.

Not to be confused with the "hit" that George Layne put on one of the ECU players.....