• The KillerFrogs

60% chance of rain in Ames: good or bad?

netty2424

Well, I don’t know. We’re not favored to win and I think anytime you win one of those it’s a pretty big win. Kind of confused by your question to be honest. Maybe it won’t be a big win?
I guess I was just curious what was considered a big win for us. I mean I agree that road wins are tough to come by in general so that’s important, but ISU has really struggled this year. Kind of feel like it will be a bigger disappointment if we lose, versus a big win that adds to the SOS at this point.

Maybe they turn it around and it ends up really helping us.

asleep003

ISU has the 2nd worst pass defense in the B12... and a quality rush defense. So we may see/need more WR play than expected. No rain is better for us as ISU has more play in the rain time on their side..

netty2424

Road game with a Freshman QB against a team that could easily be 4-0..ISU isn’t OU or even TX but it would be a nice win against a 2nd tier Big12 team..
Not disagreeing with the thought overall, but it’s easy to say they could be 4-0. It’s easy to say we could be 4-0. But neither are at the end of the day, right?

As previously mentioned, road wins are tough and they mean something. Really I asked because I thought I was missing something when Wex called it a big win. Was just asking for clarification on his thoughts.

Wexahu

Not disagreeing with the thought overall, but it’s easy to say they could be 4-0. It’s easy to say we could be 4-0. But neither are at the end of the day, right?

As previously mentioned, road wins are tough and they mean something. Really I asked because I thought I was missing something when Wex called it a big win. Was just asking for clarification on his thoughts.

All conference wins are big, but I think any time you win one that you weren’t really supposed to it means a little more. We’ll be feeling pretty good if we can get this one. If we lose we’ll kind of be hoping we can get to 6 wins. That’s just the way it will be, I prefer the former.

4th. down

At 7:20am it was raining in Ames. The weather favors us with the running game and is the reverse for Iowa St. We win this one IF - no turnovers, defend the wheel route and the TE slant. That's expecting a lot but GP will have them ready and Lewis is back, so that's a big help.

Ron Swanson

I think the wet conditions probably favor us. ISU isn’t exactly Washington St, but they’ve struggled running it this year and have depended on the passing game. We’ve struggled passing it and have relied on the running game. Wet conditions generally favor running teams over passing teams.

Then you add in that Gary Patterson defenses excel against one-dimensional offenses and I really feel good about this game on paper.

That being said, any time I feel good about a game and don’t understand why we are underdogs, I have learned that I should be much less confident than I think I should be.... this game screams TCU +3.5 which makes me nervous.

TCUWIN

And a freshman quarterback going back to home state. Lots of friends and family in the stands. Could be a lot of excitement for Duggan...could be scary good or bad for the passing game.

Latest posts