• The KillerFrogs

#4 TCU @ Kansas --- GAME / GAMEDAY THREAD

BK4TCU

Glad we got the win, but I hope when the guys look back on this tape they are embarrassed and humbled by their effort and play today

Frog89

Far as other top 10 comparative blemishes, either close wins or bad losses for committee to consider:  ASU lost to UCLA by 35, Bama beat Hogs by 1, 14-13, Baylor lost by 2 TDs to unranked W. Va.  Our blemish outside of a miracle loss to Baylor?  A close win over KU.

Things that can still happen.. Miami could beat FSU, Bama could lose to Auburn or in SEC title game, Baylor could lose to K-State, Ohio State could still lose any of their remaining games, and certainly we could lose to UT. 

I thnk this game kicks us in the butt and gets us ready to take care of business rest of way out.  Then let the chips fall..

TK2000

Whitmil missing that block punt changed to whole game Feel. We he get that and e go that and we go up 14 early. Looked so easy to block?

BK4TCU

ATC Frog said:
KU fans chanting "overrated" even though they lost.
If we were one of the worst teams in the country that had previously rushed the field after beating a 2-6 team, and our guys only lost by 4, I'm pretty sure a lot of us would be calling that team overrated too.

Obviously I don't think we are as bad as we played today, and I really believe we are one of the top teams this year, but we certainly didn't give that impression today.

TX_Krötenechse

Football gods against us from the start. Never seen so many freak plays go against us.

Still, a W is a W, and even though we almost certainly drop out of the playoff runnings (for this week at least), still a lot of football left.

Frogs1983

Team showed  ability to gut it up and win. Have to give them that. That being said, I will be shocked if both  Ohio State and Arizona State don't pass us in CFP Tuesday evening. Possibly Baylor too. Expect TCU to be 5 or 6 after this fiasco.

Gotta agree with the coaching. Offensive playcalling failed to take weather into account or to use TB's running ability.  Defensive playcalling failed to get pressure even when he showed he was susceptible to throwing interceptions.  Little adjustment until it was almost too late.  Our new OCs need to grow up and something is fundamentally wrong with our defense.  I love this team and our coaches but I'm just mystified at what is going on right now.

Frog89

full house frog said:
We don't really deserve to be in the playoff.
for reasons I stated above your post, I don't think that can be determined yet.  Bottom line is we won.  Every good team has bad days.  This was a really bad one, but we're not the only top 10 team that's had that happen.   If we don't get in, we have nobody to blame but ourself, but it's still an open quesiton in my opinion.  When we play our best, I'm not sure anyone can beat us. 

cmcbee

We were outcoached. KU came to play. We did not, until mid 3rd quarter. The baffoon that is Brady Quinn even picked up on our questionable pass play calls on obvious running situations (and it was not subterfuge.) We were out-coached. Worse than that, KU coaching was pretty average.
This team needs to be smarter in critical scoring situations and in game managememt. When we do that, we climb back in top 4. Go Frogs. I'm having a drink now.