• The KillerFrogs

247 Sports: TCU nabs UT-Arlington transfer Shahada Wells

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
TCU nabs UT-Arlington transfer Shahada Wells

By BRANDON JENKINS

One of the top scorers in the Sun Belt Conference will be taking his talents to the Big XII. UT-Arlington transfer guard Shahada Wells announced that he will be moving nearly 20 miles east to play for the TCU Horned Frogs.

"I like how their coaching staff came fully prepared," said Wells in a previous interview. "Jamie Dixon and Tony Benford did their homework on me. Since I have not been able to take a visit, they have done a great job showing me their campus and their academic advisors. The way they presented themselves really stood out to me.

Wells chose TCU over Colorado, Texas A&M, and Texas Tech. He liked the relationship he had with the coaching staff and now his only focus is on next season.

Read more at https://247sports.com/Article/Shahada-Wells-transfer-TCU-Basketball-Recruiting-163878101/

FrogPreacher

TCU nabs UT-Arlington transfer Shahada Wells

By BRANDON JENKINS

One of the top scorers in the Sun Belt Conference will be taking his talents to the Big XII. UT-Arlington transfer guard Shahada Wells announced that he will be moving nearly 20 miles east to play for the TCU Horned Frogs.

"I like how their coaching staff came fully prepared," said Wells in a previous interview. "Jamie Dixon and Tony Benford did their homework on me. Since I have not been able to take a visit, they have done a great job showing me their campus and their academic advisors. The way they presented themselves really stood out to me.

Wells chose TCU over Colorado, Texas A&M, and Texas Tech. He liked the relationship he had with the coaching staff and now his only focus is on next season.

Read more at https://247sports.com/Article/Shahada-Wells-transfer-TCU-Basketball-Recruiting-163878101/
Check a map Brandon. Fort Worth is not east of Arlington!!

Palliative Care

Twenty miles east of Arlington is call.... Dallas, which where many professional sports writer's have placed TCU over the years! And the Cowboys and Rangers play in Irvington like one of the east coast news papers famously reported once. Uh people it is called Dallas/Fort Worth for a reason you know! Of course maybe DFW in our case is Dallas Far West.

netty2424

Shahada Wells is a Nembhard clone. Very similar game just from this short clip. Dribbles kind of wide, outside his body, can slash or pull up. Has a slight hitch in his jump shot.

PurpleBlood87

Shahada Wells is a Nembhard clone. Very similar game just from this short clip. Dribbles kind of wide, outside his body, can slash or pull up. Has a slight hitch in his jump shot.

Can they clone out the turnovers part or at least change that into the ability to bake tasty cherry turnovers?

Eight

he is 4" shorter and a better outside shooter at 39% compared to 33% from rj and his assist to turnover ratio was cleaner that rj.

netty2424

he is 4" shorter and a better outside shooter at 39% compared to 33% from rj and his assist to turnover ratio was cleaner that rj.
I’m not talking about shooting stats. Talking specifically how he handles/shoots the ball. Similar mannerisms.

Farmfrog

The thing I like about his defense is he isn’t fazed about guarding up. Bigger guys don’t seem to overpower him and he’s very quick. Being able to get his shot is important in our offense.

Eight

I don’t know and really don’t care. This kid is an elite defender and the best one in the portal. FF or maybe Evans reconsiders.

goes back to the cycle country referred to in his reply.

defense is good, but is the roster better if you trade say farabello for him?

Farmfrog

goes back to the cycle country referred to in his reply.

defense is good, but is the roster better if you trade say farabello for him?
I know most people think we were good defensively but we weren’t. We finished ninth in most metrics and that might have been generous.

I believe the best way for the Frogs to win is become an elite defensive team. Play tough defense and rebound, like Baylor, and you will be hard to beat.

Eight

I know most people think we were good defensively but we weren’t. We finished ninth in most metrics and that might have been generous.

I believe the best way for the Frogs to win is become an elite defensive team. Play tough defense and rebound, like Baylor, and you will be hard to beat.

sounds more like houston who won on defense and rebounding as well as most of the big 12

baylor did that as well, but also could shoot the ball exceptionally well.

i realize things have not gone in the right direction and give the staff credit for trying things, but the more new players you add who had established identities elsewhere the more challenges it would seem in finding a positive team chemistry

Farmfrog

The turnover this program has been through is nothing short of amazing. We now have schollys open to get a few top HS players not just transfers.

I have to say that I’m uncertain that the staff can build a roster.