• The KillerFrogs

2024-2025 European Football Thread

dawg

Sure am glad the USSF has entrusted a Golden Generation of MNT talent in a World Cup THAT WE ARE HOSTING to the brilliant tactical coaching acumen of Greg Berhalter.

Gordon Ramsay Reaction GIF by Hell's Kitchen

Chongo94

Sure am glad the USSF has entrusted a Golden Generation of MNT talent in a World Cup THAT WE ARE HOSTING to the brilliant tactical coaching acumen of Greg Berhalter.

Gordon Ramsay Reaction GIF by Hell's Kitchen's Kitchen
Haha.

I was thinking man, the ‘94 team would get walked by this generation ON TALENT, but then I think also, the ‘94 team would walk this group in terms of drive, determination, and perhaps in-game acumen…maybe not game knowledge as a whole per se but more in what to do in many moments…I feel the ‘94 team would make the better choice than this bunch every single time.

The ‘02 team would walk this bunch period.

Purp

I wasn't able to watch, but saw the score and lineups. Cardoso starting center mid? Really? If you can't play Adams then put Gio at the #10 in front of McKennie and Musah or Tillman. And Carter-Vickers should have been out there in place of Tim Ream. Why is Ream even in this camp? He's been surpassed and this last year was the evidence.

Doesn't sound like those changes would have made much difference in a W or L, but I'd be shocked if we weren't more dangerous and more competitive.

Chongo94

I wasn't able to watch, but saw the score and lineups. Cardoso starting center mid? Really? If you can't play Adams then put Gio at the #10 in front of McKennie and Musah or Tillman. And Carter-Vickers should have been out there in place of Tim Ream. Why is Ream even in this camp? He's been surpassed and this last year was the evidence.

Doesn't sound like those changes would have made much difference in a W or L, but I'd be shocked if we weren't more dangerous and more competitive.
I think, THINK, so not totally sure, but since this was a TNT/Max game, you can probably stream a replay from HBO Max of you have it. But don’t quote me, I may be wrong about that.

tyler durden

Tyler Durden
Should be fired today after that. Brazil on Wednesday is going to be like watching a barn cat torture a field mouse.

Chongo94

Gordon Ramsay Reaction GIF by Hell's Kitchen's Kitchen
Should be fired today after that. Brazil on Wednesday is going to be like watching a barn cat torture a field mouse.
hoping a combined 10-1 defeat is enough to finally get GGG [ Finebaum ]canned for good
What’s the worst thing about all of this, the thing that is just mind-numbingly, infuriatingly awful, is that they had to REHIRE him because the USSF is so inept, they couldn’t find anyone else.

That organization needs to be burned down and started all over.

dawg

Haha.

I was thinking man, the ‘94 team would get walked by this generation ON TALENT, but then I think also, the ‘94 team would walk this group in terms of drive, determination, and perhaps in-game acumen…maybe not game knowledge as a whole per se but more in what to do in many moments…I feel the ‘94 team would make the better choice than this bunch every single time.

The ‘02 team would walk this bunch period.
1994 team also had an actual manager. Bora knew how to get the most out of his group of players.

Greg? This is exactly how 2026 will play out:

Win the first group match, boosted by the home crowd. Draw the the second. Look lifeless in drawing the third. Squeak through to the Rd of 16. Get smoked by a Euro or South American side.

Sigh.

Purp

I think, THINK, so not totally sure, but since this was a TNT/Max game, you can probably stream a replay from HBO Max of you have it. But don’t quote me, I may be wrong about that.
I'm just now getting home from our church's youth camp. I could have watched on YouTube TV as I recorded it, but I didn't have the time. It's a busy week for leaders at camp.

I may watch a little bit tonight or tomorrow since I took the day off, but I'm not interested in watching abject failure for long.

Purp

McKinnie to Villa, in what could be a very good move for him, Emery is a hell of a coach, and apparently really wants him in the side.

I've wished for several years now to see him at Spurs, but I agree that Villa would be a great fit. And his departure from Turin could open up room for Weah to get more time on the wing.

dawg

I'm just now getting home from our church's youth camp. I could have watched on YouTube TV as I recorded it, but I didn't have the time. It's a busy week for leaders at camp.

I may watch a little bit tonight or tomorrow since I took the day off, but I'm not interested in watching abject failure for long.
The Colombia match? Punch yourself in the nads a few times; you’ll get the general idea of what transpired and save yourself 90’

Purp

The Colombia match? Punch yourself in the nads a few times; you’ll get the general idea of what transpired and save yourself 90’
I just dozed in and out of the 1st half. I was half right. Cardoso wasn't bad, but Ream was awful. The 2nd goal never happens if he doesn't wait too long to make a pass for no reason. That first goal was his fault too, but not as egregious for me. That was just an incredibly quick strike.

Plenty of chances created too. I just want to see how much more offense we'd create with Gio at the #10 instead of a defensive midfield role. What in the blue hell is Berhalter thinking about? Unreal.

Purp

Scally has acquitted himself well in the 1st hour. Haji Wright has been very strong in his first 15 minutes. This would likely be a totally different match at the hour mark if CCV had started for Ream.

Moose Stuff

This is gonna be an absolute ass whipping. My only hope is we play so poorly this summer that they HAVE to can the scheissing moron coaching this team.