• The KillerFrogs

2024-2025 European Football Thread

Purp

How In the hell is Chelsea going to finish 6th? They were near dead three months ago and with a miracle could finish 5th.

EPL has had the best race of any big European league.
It's because Poch is a great manager. Spurs should have never let him go (though I do love me some Ange-ball). I really want Chelsea to fail spectacularly, but I do like seeing Poch stick his fingers in their eyes that they thought he wasn't going to work out.

Purp

Jedi getting some love after another very solid season. One of The Guardian's "ten unexpected stars of the season."

Antonee Robinson, Fulham

It’s been another solid season for Antonee Robinson at Fulham, so much so that the US international has been linked with a high-profile exit this year. João Palhinha’s defensive prowess is rightly applauded, but the left-back’s fine reading of the game enables Fulham to turn defence into attack quickly. Robinson has made more interceptions (78) than any other player in the Premier League this season. When it comes to filling the left-back spot in the team of the season, the 26-year-old deserves to be mentioned.

He's been getting this type of love since last season. It was a bit of a coup that he signed such a long extension with the SuperWhites (no racist) last summer. It was a great business decision for the Cottagers b/c that length of tenure remaining on his contract should drive the transfer fee up quite a bit.

Purp

So pumped about this roster. If only Dest were healthy it would have everyone on it we want there. I'm nit-picking here, but I'd have Slonina in camp. We know Turner is getting all the minutes in goal and we know Horvath will back him up. Why not bring in the youngster and get him in with the group and see what he can offer in training. Set yourself up for success in the future.

But holy boat! What a load of talent on that roster.

Chongo94

It's because Poch is a great manager. Spurs should have never let him go (though I do love me some Ange-ball). I really want Chelsea to fail spectacularly, but I do like seeing Poch stick his fingers in their eyes that they thought he wasn't going to work out.
Umm…he may be a good manager, but he’s not going to be a one at Chelsea because he’s no longer there haha. Leaving by mutual consent apparently.

Your want for them to fail spectacularly May very well be on course still haha.

Chelsea are being run like an actress that left Disney shows to upend her good girl image and is doing every stupid thing she can get into.

dawg

Umm…he may be a good manager, but he’s not going to be a one at Chelsea because he’s no longer there haha. Leaving by mutual consent apparently.

Your want for them to fail spectacularly May very well be on course still haha.

Chelsea are being run like an actress that left Disney shows to upend her good girl image and is doing every stupid thing she can get into.
They just need to spend another £900m on midfielders. That'll do it.

BTW.... if the Drunk Uncle Bohley hadn't hijacked our Mudyrk transfer by shelling out £100m then needing to offload a midfielder, we wouldn't have moved onto our second target Trossard for £20m (which is looking like the bargain of the new millennium) and Jorg for £15m.

So, sometimes Chelsea's dysfunction is beneficial.

Chongo94

BTW.... if the Drunk Uncle Bohley hadn't hijacked our Mudyrk transfer by shelling out £100m then needing to offload a midfielder, we wouldn't have moved onto our second target Trossard for £20m (which is looking like the bargain of the new millennium) and Jorg for £15m.

Very very true!

Purp

Chelsea's disfunction is always beneficial. Always. Darn the blues.

dawg

Dortmund blew it. Dominated the first 70ish minutes.
Yep. Just weren’t clinical enough when they needed to be and then ran out of gas.
RM wins Champions league, water is wet, Baylor sucks. These things will never change.
What's crazy is Madrid brought their C+ game and still won. Dortmund left too many chances on the field; could have been 2-nil up at the half. Their dominance should have been at least given a 1-nil lead. Playing Madrid in the CL is like wrestling a python. At first, you're like "this is not that bad. I've got in some licks." Then the python begins to squeeze.

Purp

Since Dortmund made it that close RM has to sign Mbappe to try to make the next one more decisive. It's just gross to me how certain clubs can afford to hoard so much talent and when others try to compete they're slapped down with financial fair play rules.

Purp

There is no FFP when Everton get a points reduction for an (alleged) £16m while 115 Financial Violations FC skate because, well, money.
Yup. And Forest. Meanwhile Chelsea has 8 guys they're trying to dump before the season bc they've signed so many 8 figure guys. And City has so many issues it's remarkable they've avoided sanctions this long. It's grotesque.

Purp

Yup. And Forest. Meanwhile Chelsea has 8 guys they're trying to dump before the season bc they've signed so many 8 figure guys. And City has so many issues it's remarkable they've avoided sanctions this long. It's grotesque.
And now City are suing the EPL for the FFP rules claiming they're unlawful.

I think Pep is a phenomenal manager, but winning 6 of the last 7 PL trophies in the most competitive league in the world is absurd. You're not facing 115 charges of FFP breeches in a 4 years span unless you're doing some shady boat. Those guys should be stripped of the titles they won illegitimately, get relegated to the Championship for 3 years, and docked points once they finally return to the PL.