• The KillerFrogs

2023 TCU FB Transferring Out

Arrogant? Why, yes!!

Desperate? You’re being silly. And a blast of chattering from you proves it.
Arrogance ran off Nebraska, Colorado, Missouri, and finally Texas A&M. The Longhorn Channel was a big money loser for ESPN, which they wanted to kill. Additionally the boys in Austin were somehow shocked that they could not show recruit’s HS games on the LHC.

UT would never have taken the cockroaches back, especially ones that might actually beat them on a regular basis unless the had to/ were desperate to stabilize the conference they wanted to dominate.

Wexahu

Piece of cake. 1000 yards is so easy we’ve managed it 4 times in 20 years.
That's more of a function of using multiple backs than anything else. For a few years there we had three guys that could have been 1,000 yard rushers if we had only had one of them.

They are easy to replace.

Frawg

This board was full of people last spring saying you cannot go into the fall without an experienced back up to injury prone CM but that is what TCU did. Maybe having a super senior leader at QB would not have been enough magic to turn the TCU team around but it apparently helped make things better in Stillwater.
He’s a product of having a dominate running game. He isn’t better tha CM or Hoover. Look at his performance when the run game wasn’t a factor. He’s “ok”

Frawg

The recruiting advantage for the local schools is such a big deal that, according to the former K State president, DeLoss Dodds was clear that no Houston or DFW schools were going to get into the Big 12, when the SWC broke up.

He only let TCU in later, when he was desperate. But we cannot seem to take advantage of it.
“we”?:rolleyes: And, just how have “we” not taken advantage of it lol

06DallasFrog

Agree with your basic point but I don’t think Briles is pass happy at all. We had 377 rushing attempts this year (I realize some of those were uncalled QB runs) and Bailey alone had over 200 attempts. That’s pretty good balance considering we were playing catch up in some games and our inability to move people in the interior. Briles will call runs all day long if it’s working
You're right. Everyone seems to remember the Baylor offenses as pass happy, but I believe the years they were good, the led the conference in rushing. It's the up-tempo thing that hasn't gone anywhere.

“we”?:rolleyes: And, just how have “we” not taken advantage of it lol
I think Kyle Hicks from Arlington Martin was the first recruit in the post-SWC era that had a UT offer and came to TCU in 2012. That was mind blowing for us old timers. In the prior 30 years, TCU lost almost every recruit that got offered by UT.

But A&M got Myles Garrett and TCU got his Arlington teammate Devonte Fields.

Fields started out good but if TCU “owned” DFW, Garrett would have been a Horned Frog also.

Frog Attack II

Meh. If he was hurt all year, then hate it for him and hopes he catches on somewhere and can stay healthy... If he just couldn't get on the field (this year especially), then it's prolly good for both parties.