• The KillerFrogs

2023 TCU FB Transferring Out

We’re going to miss out on players all the time for a variety of reasons. Hindsight is awesome. I’m not sure there’s one person on here or any TCU fan anywhere who was saying we should have gone after Alan Bowman last year.
No
We’re going to miss out on players all the time for a variety of reasons. Hindsight is awesome. I’m not sure there’s one person on here or any TCU fan anywhere who was saying we should have gone after Alan Bowman last year.
no one on here is getting paid millions of $$’s per year to make sure we do not go into the year with an injury prone CM and a freshman in the QB room. Hoover May end up being Tom Brady but a local kid that started for Texas Tech and may have wanted to come back south to finish his career would seem likely as an insurance plan. Maybe OKie State promised Bowman something we could not but to me experienced leadership at QB is something stats don’t cover. Just frustrating to see Tarrant County talent next week @ the Big 12 Championship next week.

Moose Stuff

OK, tell me about the Oklahoma State QB, Alan Bowman. Started 4 years at Grapevine, has 3 injury plagued years at Texas Tech, goes to Michigan for a couple of years and was on the bench for Michigan when we played them in the Fiesta Bowl last year. How did we miss on an experienced QB? If he was not on our radar, that may be even worse than losing the RB to Stillwater.
Tell me how he would have made this season better for us.

Bowman went to Okie State because Spencer Sanders left, leaving the starting position wide open to him.

Regardless of whether or not Morris was the anointed starter, it was pretty obvious that he had a better chance to start at Okie State than compete for the job at TCU.
TCU is sitting on a HS talent goldmine that GP could never really fully tap. Dykes realized the portal made almost every talented DFW kid that did not have immediate success a possible return to DFW player. He rebuilt SMU quickly using that model. GP did not like the portal and did not embrace it. But Dykes has proven he picked the wrong QB coming out of two-a-days both of the last 2 years.

I know one thing, the business model where the tuition is higher than Harvard’s but the football team loses more than it wins, is not sustainable for TCU. It is not fun.

Moose Stuff

Who knows? If I asked you at half time of the Colorado game last year if Max going in for the injured CM was a positive or a negative, what would you have said?
Two entirely different questions. If you would have asked me about Bowman in May I would have said absolutely. Asking me today… it wouldn’t have impacted our season one bit so I don’t really care that he’s doing well at OK St.

Two entirely different questions. If you would have asked me about Bowman in May I would have said absolutely. Asking me today… it wouldn’t have impacted our season one bit so I don’t really care that he’s doing well at OK St.
This board was full of people last spring saying you cannot go into the fall without an experienced back up to injury prone CM but that is what TCU did. Maybe having a super senior leader at QB would not have been enough magic to turn the TCU team around but it apparently helped make things better in Stillwater.

tetonfrog

This board was full of people last spring saying you cannot go into the fall without an experienced back up to injury prone CM but that is what TCU did. Maybe having a super senior leader at QB would not have been enough magic to turn the TCU team around but it apparently helped make things better in Stillwater.
Do you even know if Bowman was interested in TCU at all? If he had been offered, would he have accepted? You are just picking guys and saying what if they had played here? Can Bowman block? Can Bowman put together a defensive gameplan that does something other than lay down and suck ass?

Come on.

You are reaching and trolling. Get over yourself.

Do you even know if Bowman was interested in TCU at all? If he had been offered, would he have accepted? You are just picking guys and saying what if they had played here? Can Bowman block? Can Bowman put together a defensive gameplan that does something other than lay down and suck ass?

Come on.

You are reaching and trolling. Get over yourself.
I have no idea about Bowman. Just frustrated that all the worst fears came true. Understand QB not the only thing that caused this.

We see that Dykes is not the master of the portal like we may have deluded ourselves into thinking.

Maybe TCU will never be able to have local kids want to stay/ come back home to play. I guess I saw Jojo Earl and the 5 star lineman from Alabama/ Arlington Heights and thought maybe something had finally changed. Now we are just Wiley Coyote.

Wexahu

I have no idea about Bowman. Just frustrated that all the worst fears came true. Understand QB not the only thing that caused this.

We see that Dykes is not the master of the portal like we may have deluded ourselves into thinking.

Maybe TCU will never be able to have local kids want to stay/ come back home to play. I guess I saw Jojo Earl and the 5 star lineman from Alabama/ Arlington Heights and thought maybe something had finally changed. Now we are just Wiley Coyote.
Step off the ledge, it will be okay.

Step off the ledge, it will be okay.

The recruiting advantage for the local schools is such a big deal that, according to the former K State president, DeLoss Dodds was clear that no Houston or DFW schools were going to get into the Big 12, when the SWC broke up.

He only let TCU in later, when he was desperate. But we cannot seem to take advantage of it.

Last edited:

froginaustin

The recruiting advantage for the local schools is such a big deal that, according to the former K State president, DeLoss Dodds was clear that no Houston or DFW schools were going to get into the Big 12, when the SWC broke up.

He only let TCU in later, when he was desperate. But we cannot seem to take advantage of it.

As the AD at UTx, Dodds was never, ever "desperate".

ED: unfortunately for the rest of the conference(s) UTx was in.

As the AD at UTx, Dodds was never, ever "desperate".

ED: unfortunately for the rest of the conference(s) UTx was in.
So everything was great in the Big 12 when TCU was added? Lol

Dodds was such a genius he was calling the TCU athletic director, the guy that has Dodds’ old job today, “Del” in their first meeting. He did not know the man’s first name.

Dodds allowed UT to give the redheaded assistant football coach a slap on the wrist for the same sexual slip up that minority LGBT women’s track coach was run out of town for. It’s a miracle that Del Conti settled the track coach’s claim for such a small amount.

4 Oaks Frog

Bowman went to Okie State because Spencer Sanders left, leaving the starting position wide open to him.

Regardless of whether or not Morris was the anointed starter, it was pretty obvious that he had a better chance to start at Okie State than compete for the job at TCU.
We didn’t miss anything by not getting Bowman…

I thought CDC showed up outside Dodd's office, sales pitch in hand, without an appointment and just waited until he was finally called in. Maybe I'm misremembering.
That’s the story. Dodds thought so little about TCU he didn’t even know the AD’s name but had to take us because the Big 12 was unstable and TCU was a natural addition. Typical UT arrogance.

Latest posts