• The KillerFrogs

2023 TCU FB Transferring Out

fanatical frog

Emani Bailey is the pretty much uncontested starter here averaging over 100 ypg and 5.5 ypc....why would he transfer? Assuming he aspires to play in the NFL it appears he is sitting on a good platform to showcase his ability...why would he go somewhere where he'd have to compete for a starting role? Also, he's listed as a junior who xferred here from Louisiana so I'd think he's already used his one "free" transfer. Not sure a transfer for him is even a realistic possibility.

y2kFrog

After this disaster of season what kid would want to play for these crappy ass coaches. Defense and offensive schemes suck bad. These lames ass coaches can't seem to make adjustments when things aren't going well.

You’d be surprised how few players who keep track of stuff like this.

Limey Frog

Disaster? Jeez, drama much?

We could replace him pretty easily IMO. All kinds of running backs out there.
I think he's the best player on the team, but yes, probably not the end of the world. I'm really sorry for making a hyperbolic word choice on a message board right after a huge loss to end a crap year. I hope you can forgive me.

And, no, he's not that easily replaced. 1000 yard backs don't grow on trees.

Last edited:

Wexahu

I think he's the best player on the team, but yes, probably not the end of the world. I'm really sorry for making a hyperbolic word choice on a message board right after a huge loss to end a crap year. I hope you can forgive me.
No worries, you’re far from the only one, lol.

Honestly though, running backs are so easy to replace. UT lost Bijan Robinson, how did that work out for them? We lost Kendre Miller. K-State lost Vaughn. Just plug another guy in there and go.

There’s a reason why RBs are among the lowest paid players in the NFL.

Sonny Side Up

You people are idiots...

Bailey is the best back in the conference and with a good Offensive Line would be one of the best 5 backs in the country.

Easy to replace.......... what a bunch of #$%^& dip [ Finebaum ]s.
[I am having app issues] I was in the stands today with my OU son. Sooner fans were very impressed with Bailey. As was I. They’ve seen dozens of great running backs, including Adrian Peterson, who was at the game. With a commitment to improve the OL he can thrive.

General observations:

1. Lack of on-field leadership, consistent. Hoover has it, but nothing on defense.
2. That probably is magnified in the locker room. Leader cannot be picked, they must emerge.
3. Coaching matters. I saw heck of a lot of good play, but not with confidence.

All fixable. Change any coaches necessary, but the player leadership void after the 22 team is, in my limited knowledge opinion, led to this season.

froginmn

No worries, you’re far from the only one, lol.

Honestly though, running backs are so easy to replace. UT lost Bijan Robinson, how did that work out for them? We lost Kendre Miller. K-State lost Vaughn. Just plug another guy in there and go.

There’s a reason why RBs are among the lowest paid players in the NFL.
Who did we "plug in" for the NCG game last year?

Seemed to me that having Kendre would have at least made some measure of difference.

Minnesota lost Mohamed Ibrahim and they've had some decent runners but it's been a huge drop off.

Wisconsin has lost, in season, RBs Chez Mellusi (all season) and Braelon Allen (part) and struggled a lot.

It's easy to pretend that backups are just as good as starters, but it is only sometimes true.

Wexahu

Who did we "plug in" for the NCG game last year?

Seemed to me that having Kendre would have at least made some measure of difference.

Minnesota lost Mohamed Ibrahim and they've had some decent runners but it's been a huge drop off.

Wisconsin has lost, in season, RBs Chez Mellusi (all season) and Braelon Allen (part) and struggled a lot.

It's easy to pretend that backups are just as good as starters, but it is only sometimes true.
Well, Bailey was on the team last year, wasn’t he? We plugged in Demercado and apparently the guy backing him up wasn’t good enough to get much PT.

I just think if he leaves we won’t have a problem replacing him.

grt

Who cares.
We have some good running backs That did not get a fair shot. We have the freshman Cameron Cook who i think is faster and better than Emani. Bailey gets one armed tackled a lot and his balance is suspect. His brother is faster than he is and still didn't get a decent chance. Trey Sanders is bigger and better and still didn't get the playing time he deserved. Trent Battle is a good all around back and played sparingly. Cory Wren Played sparingly. If they were hurt that's one thing but if they weren't then we could have had a running back rotation that would have been pretty damn good. Briles is so pass happy it appears he doesn't know how to use his talent on hand. All of us could go on and on but it doesn't matter now. One thing tho if Dikes can't see this and still keeps those idiot around then Donati needs to pull the trigger and clean house or we're in for a few more crappy football years.

Last edited:

Sonny Side Up

We have some good running backs That did not get a fair shot. We have the freshman Cameron Cook who i think is faster and better than Emani. Bailey gets one armed tackled a lot and his balance is suspect. His brother is faster than he is and still didn't get a decent chance. Trey Sanders is bigger and better and still didn't get the playing time he deserved. Trent Battle is a good all around back and played sparingly. Cory Wren Played sparingly. If they were hurt that's one thing but if they weren't then we could had a running back rotation that would have been pretty damn good. Briles is so pass happy it appears he doesn't know how to use his talent on hand. All of us could go on and on but it doesn't matter now. One thing tho if Dikes can't see this and still keeps those idiot around then Donati needs to pull the trigger and clean house or we're in for a few more crappy football years.
I respectfully disagree.

Wexahu

We have some good running backs That did not get a fair shot. We have the freshman Cameron Cook who i think is faster and better than Emani. Bailey gets one armed tackled a lot and his balance is suspect. His brother is faster than he is and still didn't get a decent chance. Trey Sanders is bigger and better and still didn't get the playing time he deserved. Trent Battle is a good all around back and played sparingly. Cory Wren Played sparingly. If they were hurt that's one thing but if they weren't then we could had a running back rotation that would have been pretty damn good. Briles is so pass happy it appears he doesn't know how to use his talent on hand. All of us could go on and on but it doesn't matter now. One thing tho if Dikes can't see this and still keeps those idiot around then Donati needs to pull the trigger and clean house or we're in for a few more crappy football years.
Agree with your basic point but I don’t think Briles is pass happy at all. We had 377 rushing attempts this year (I realize some of those were uncalled QB runs) and Bailey alone had over 200 attempts. That’s pretty good balance considering we were playing catch up in some games and our inability to move people in the interior. Briles will call runs all day long if it’s working

FrogCop19

Our offensive struggles begin and end with the line. No leader. If they can give Hoover time, he has a strong arm and is very accurate. I've seen him laser passes between two and three players when he has multiple times. The int's come when he's running for his life.

When they open a hole, Bailey hits it and we see what happens. He reminds me a bit of Marion Barber in his later years with the Cowboys. My one knock on Bailey is that he has low creativity. He is almost TOO disciplined and will hit the hole at 90 mph, whether its there or not, but doesn't seem to have the vision to bounce to green when it's clogged up.

Savion is as advertised, a big-body receiver with decent hands and speed, but when you have a weapon like Wiley it's hard NOT to use him.

It seems like every OC has their weaknesses, and ours happens to be in the red zone because of questionable play calling, but again, if he had confidence in the online he wouldn't need to go get cute/stupid with sideways plays.

TL;DR: We have the skill players, our online is the problem.

bc puckett

Life long Raider fan. I saw on some site earlier this week a 7 round mock draft for them that had them selecting Bailey in the 6th round. Wondering since he already transferred once if he might consider the draft if he really wants out of TCU