• The KillerFrogs

2023-2024 European Football Thread

Purp

I have mixed emotions about this, but I think I don't like it. I love Gooch, but I feel like we didn't learn the lesson I thought we learned about keeping former players out of the federation hierarchy. I think he could do well in this role, but I'm nervous about what future drama this could invite.

Good news in this piece is the expected appointment of Jesse Marsch to lead the Nats. I'm quite comfortable with that appointment and would honestly be thrilled that it was anybody other than Berhalter at this point. But I think Marsch is exactly the type of manager we need with the talent we have and the way he likes to play.

Eight

I have mixed emotions about this, but I think I don't like it. I love Gooch, but I feel like we didn't learn the lesson I thought we learned about keeping former players out of the federation hierarchy. I think he could do well in this role, but I'm nervous about what future drama this could invite.

Good news in this piece is the expected appointment of Jesse Marsch to lead the Nats. I'm quite comfortable with that appointment and would honestly be thrilled that it was anybody other than Berhalter at this point. But I think Marsch is exactly the type of manager we need with the talent we have and the way he likes to play.

heard there was a race between gooch, lalas, and agoos for the job

lexi stopped to tell everyone how great he was when he played, gooch quietly got the job , and agoos still hasn't caught up with them

bad joke , i know

Purp

heard there was a race between gooch, lalas, and agoos for the job

lexi stopped to tell everyone how great he was when he played, gooch quietly got the job , and agoos still hasn't caught up with them

bad joke , i know
Lex part of the joke could be better developed. If he were to ever hold a position of influence withing the federation I might stop watching U.S. Soccer. He's the most nauseating personality in sports for me. Way worse than Bill Walton ever was.

Purp

Just read that Brooks may get another look with the Nats this summer in large part due to the broken arm Ream sufferered. Hopefully he makes the most of it. He's been a big part of Hoffenheim's defense this year. Would love to see Che get more run along side Brooks.

Eight

Lex part of the joke could be better developed. If he were to ever hold a position of influence withing the federation I might stop watching U.S. Soccer. He's the most nauseating personality in sports for me. Way worse than Bill Walton ever was.

blame the writers' strike

dawg

De Acuerdo Agree GIF

dawg

I just assume we’ll always have enough injuries that this will never happen but dear god that’s a team that can actually do some serious damage and Weah isn’t even starting.

100%. That squad, with a real manager who knows something about football, on home soil... quarters at the minimum and a good shot at semis.

Purp

I just assume we’ll always have enough injuries that this will never happen but dear god that’s a team that can actually do some serious damage and Weah isn’t even starting.

For 2026 I'd imagine M Rob gets the nod instead of Ream, but that lineup with Weah, Aaronson (both?) as subs is an American wet dream.

Purp

Would be a good move; De Zerbi has worked wonders at Brighton and gets 110% from his players.

I'm only bummed about this bc I bought his Leeds kit and got my 10 year old an Adams jersey and the 6 year old wears the Aaronson kit. The oldest just got his for his birthday a couple weeks ago so they wanted to wear them together last weekend when they saw Leeds on TV. Short lived, but still cool for the boys.

dawg

I’d assume the next appointment is through 2026. I mean, yeah, he knows and managed a few MNT guys at Leeds, but we couldn’t do better? The 2026 WC will be the best chance we’ve had to make noise since 1930, and…. Marsh?

Am I wrong here, guys? Tell me I’m missing something…