• The KillerFrogs

2023-2024 European Football Thread

Purp

Meh. Better than the last ones I guess.

Not my favorite, but I like these a million times more than the WC kits. I'd really like to see a solid red jersey with white shorts and navy socks. I feel like that should be our traditional look and every kits is a spin-off of that. The only exception for me is the red and white hoops jerseys with navy shorts and socks. That look was slicker than dog snot and, like Argentina, Brazil, or the Dutch, you didn't even have to see the crest to know who it was.

Purp

Rogers out at Leicester and Potter sacked at Chelsea. Leicester have been sleepwalking toward relegation; Maddison is three weeks from calling the possibility “rubbish.” Not so rubbish anymore now that they’re 19th.

Potter seemed an odd fit for Chelsea, and 11th isn’t what Bohley thought injecting £600m+ would get him.
I think both would also be excellent candidates for the Nats. We really need to fill that GM position quickly.

Purp

This guy might have become great for us, but I fully expect him to be the next Stu Holden or Charlie Davies whose career is ended 10 years prematurely to catastrophic injuries. He's got the worst luck with injury.

Purp

This guy might have become great for us, but I fully expect him to be the next Stu Holden or Charlie Davies whose career is ended 10 years prematurely to catastrophic injuries. He's got the worst luck with injury.

Dike confirmed out for 9 months with an Achilles. He'll never be the same. He's a Traore starter kit in terms of being a physical specimen, but if he can't stay healthy he'll never have a chance to develop into that caliber of player. His window is closing rapidly.

Eight

Dike confirmed out for 9 months with an Achilles. He'll never be the same. He's a Traore starter kit in terms of being a physical specimen, but if he can't stay healthy he'll never have a chance to develop into that caliber of player. His window is closing rapidly.

heard a guy on the radio talking about degrom already being injured and that once you put the qualifier "if they only can stay healthy " that is the kiss of death for a career

tragically that seems to apply here as well

Purp

heard a guy on the radio talking about degrom already being injured and that once you put the qualifier "if they only can stay healthy " that is the kiss of death for a career

tragically that seems to apply here as well
Fortunately deGrom should make his next start.

Purp

Didn't watch much of the game tonight bc the Stars game was more interesting to me. Glad we've kept the unbeaten streak against Mexico alive, though. Darn LLLLa Tree!

Purp

And I thought the loss to Bournemouth was the low point of the week. Spurs are a train wreck right now.
Yeah, it's a been a baby diaper blowout on White Hart Lane the last couple of months. And the low point won't even happen this season. It's going to be this summer when Kane leaves.

Purp

Interesting. Wasn’t he considering hiring Marsch at Southampton?
I'm good with this. I didn't have any other criterion for a sporting director other than that he have no prior history in the USSF. Crocker seems to have good credentials and I like his prior interest in Marsch. That said, I'm eager to finally be getting on with the hiring of a new manager even if it isn't Marsch. The fact that we have somebody in place now who can look Claudio or Gregg in the face and tell them to kiss his arse without blowing up a lot of relationships in the organization is an instant impact hire.

Moose Stuff

I'm good with this. I didn't have any other criterion for a sporting director other than that he have no prior history in the USSF. Crocker seems to have good credentials and I like his prior interest in Marsch. That said, I'm eager to finally be getting on with the hiring of a new manager even if it isn't Marsch. The fact that we have somebody in place now who can look Claudio or Gregg in the face and tell them to kiss his arse without blowing up a lot of relationships in the organization is an instant impact hire.
I’m in the same “no prior history in the USSF” boat. Progress.