• The KillerFrogs

2023-2024 European Football Thread

tcujsauce

Rafinha with the horrible cross mishit that wound up in the back of the goal yesterday lol. German giants finish scrong and poised to catch the black and yellows by season’s end. Mia San Mia!

Purp

Great day again in the EPL. Loving the recent run of form by City. Hope they can keep this up for another few months. Need Liverpool to hit a similar skid once City are safely out of contention.

United looked good again. Still not ready to say their problems are solved, though.

Super whites nearly pulled off a win versus Wolves. Really hope they can find a way out of the relegation zone.

Tottenham looked very strong against a very decent Bournemouth squad. A 5-nil result against what was the 8th placed side in the table is damn impressive. Spurs have done well the last couple weeks closing the gap in goal difference. Probably won't ever catch Liverpool bc they simply don't concede goals, but they may get in good position relative to the rest of the lot.

dawg

Leicester with wins over two of the top five in a row. Is it still 2016? Oh, and [darn] Man City.

'Pool and Spurs are really playing well right now. Newcastle are a mess (surprise, surprise) and could be expected to receive a hammering, but that was an impressive Spurs victory.

Purp

Encouraged by Chelsea barely eeking out a win today. IMO, Watford should have been awarded a penalty a few minutes before Hazard earned one to take the lead 2-1. Should have been a draw.

Also encouraged by Arsenal's draw. That Gunner's goal should have been ruled offside.

Another great day in the EPL. Lots happening.

Purp

Ugh. Spurs were excellent in the first half and still controlled the game through the first hour. Wolves owned the last half hour. Just an awful spectacle to finish the game.

After Liverpool destroyed Arsenal it seems pretty clear the battle is about to be for 2nd. Ugh.

Chongo94

The tenor and atmosphere of Solksjaer’s press conferences and q&a’s right after games in comparison to Mourinho’s is amazing. I’m not a ManU fan but wow, it’s almost refreshing watching him after watching Mourinho.

Portland Frog

It’s official: Pulisic joins Chelsea. Welcome to the EPL!!
But he won’t join the club this month and was loaned back to Dortmund for now.

“Sources have told ESPN FC that it was Christian Pulisic's decision to join Chelsea this summer, rather than in January.”

Last edited:

Purp

Ugh. I just can't root for him there. I hope he scores 38 goals in 38 losses. It's like Doc with the Redskins and Big V with the Eagles for me. My hate meter is just too high for Chelsea.

Chongo94

Not at all in favor of this move. You’re at a club where you don’t get much playing time so why in the world will you move to another one where you won’t get much play time?? I really think this was a bad decision but it’s his decision to make.

Edit: I do think, in Sarri’s system, he can be a star. However, for me at least, there are way too many variables here. I mean if Hazard stays, he isn’t playing. And if Willian and Pedro don’t get hurt, he isn’t playing. And what if Sarri leaves, who will they bring in and what might his system be? And what of Callum Hudson-Odoi?....Bayern offered $40 million for this kid and he’s not even playing and Chelsea said no way. What happens if he starts to come on like Sancho did at Dortmund?

Last edited:

Purp

Didn't record it. I have mixed emotions about the result. Really would like for City to have lost the balance of games on the schedule and I especially don't want them to have a hope to overtake anyone for the title (Liverpool in this case). That said, They closed the gap on Liverpool for Spurs too so I suppose I'm at least happy about that silver lining.

Chongo94

All the new Spurs fans over the nation will be crying into their lunch today. A loss, swelling and possible injury on Kane’s ankle, his potential replacement leaving for a month for the Asian games....rough.

Latest posts