• The KillerFrogs

2023-2023 CFB Transfer Portal

CryptoMiner

from a D1 coach

GAlup6TakAAr98U

Wexahu

Plus, if you pull them from the portal after they transfer following their freshman year, they can't leave unless they graduate.
This is the case in theory, but it sure seems like kids transfer as often as they want without restrictions. I guess a lot of them graduate after three years so it probably just seems like it.

I say just let kids transfer mid season, or hell, in the middle of a game if they want to. Why not?

Frawg

No, it doesn’t. Aside from extra practice time, it’s a nice trip for a lot of kids who don’t get to go on vacations very often. The players are treated like kings and receive great gifts and get to do a lot of fun things they normally wouldn’t get to do. For some, just the experience of playing in a bowl will last a lifetime.
Agree. Plus, don’t watch. If you’d rather watch Pickle ball or cornhole then be our guest. Huge trip and swag for the young guys especially. For the G5 it can be magical/big .

Chongo94

Maybe hold the verdict until we see how the next few weeks go.

In the ‘22 portal Sonny brought in 6-8 of the starters on the ‘22 team. Considering the close win margins, the ‘22 team probably doesn’t get 8 wins without those players.

In the ‘23 portal they plain sucked. Taking 3 Alabama players with almost no current research. We got maybe 2 starters and 2 contributors.
However, remember the ‘23 portal took place during both CFP rounds and our OC quit. TCU barely had time to participate.
Oh I’ll definitely hold verdict, I just don’t have much confidence in that verdict being very good, sadly.

82 Frog Fever

Several of the names I have mentioned are taking official visits
Yup, they’re working it.
San Diego State transfer offensive linemen Cade Bennett and Brandon Crenshaw-Dickson along with Notre Dame defensive end NaNa Osafo-Mensah are on campus.

La. Tech OL Carson Bruno and Tx. Tech OL Monroe Mills will be on campus Wednesday.

And there is a Crystal Ball on Duke Safety Kaden McFadden to TCU.

Last edited:

froginmn

As someone who has been a HUGE fan of college football and a season ticket holder at a school I didn't attend (Minnesota) for 15 years, I have a really sick feeling about the game and I'm not sure which part is the worst.

1) NIL rewards certain schools to the detriment of others. It runs the risk of creating numerous issues (unequal payment to stars, the perception that it's a pro league, etc.).

2) I used to think the unfettered transfer rule was worst because it takes out the "diamond in the rough" factor where a smaller school could land a hidden talent and ride him to huge heights (now he'lljust transfer). This also could mean an increase in kids being told to hit the portal, bad behavior by kids who are disgruntled (I'm hitting the portal), kids who don't finish their degrees because of transfers, etc.

3) now I feel like the conference realignment is the worst. To have success you need to be in one of two conferences, and very few schools even IN those conferences have a chance. Iowa has had a pretty good run and the division set up gave them a chance to make an NY6 game. Now divisions are gone and Oregon, Washington, UCLA and USC are in. How much needs to happen for them to make a big bowl?

They are ruining the sport. How much will fans of certain schools shell out knowing there's basically no chance for that school to make the playoff or a big bowl? And for how long?

I need a drink.
Man, I'm maybe more depressed now than I was a couple days ago.

I was listening to a show on XM about the upcoming bowl games and it's just a joke. They were talking about how tOSU will be without Kyle McCord (portal) and maybe Marvin Harrison Jr. (opt out for NFL draft).

This is so freaking dumb. This is for an NY6 game! They were then talking about the Holiday Bowl and how USC will be without Caleb Williams, then went through the slate of games talking about who won't be playing. Wisconsin will play LSU for "bragging rights" although LSU may be without seven players.

The postseason has become idiocy. I can't imagine shelling out a ton of money to fly, stay, and buy expensive tickets last year if I didn't have a reasonable assurance that Duggan. QJ, and Kendre were playing. That was playoffs but you understand my point.

Part of me wants to boycott watching the playoffs but there are three games (semis and FSU-GA) that will be interesting.

But as far as other bowl games? woof

A big part of me hopes that Ewers gets bad advice and opts out of the Sugar Bowl. The whole thing needs to burn.

Good thing I'm home because now I'm actually going to have that drink.

Last edited:

Wexahu

Man, I'm maybe more depressed now than I was a couple days ago.

I was listening to a show on XM about the upcoming bowl games and it's just a joke. They were talking about how tOSU will be without Kyle McCord (portal) and maybe Marvin Harrison Jr. (opt out for NFL draft).

This is so freaking dumb. This is for an NY6 game! They were then talking about the Holiday Bowl and how USC will be without Caleb Williams, then went through the skate of games talking about who won't be playing. Wisconsin will play LSU for "bragging rights" although LSU may be without seven players.

The postseason has become idiocy. I can't imagine shelling out a ton of money to fly, stay, and buy expensive tickets last year if I didn't have a reasonable assurance that Duggan. QJ, and Kendre were playing. That was playoffs but you understand my point.

Part of me wants to boycott watching the playoffs but there are three games (semis and FSU-GA) that will be interesting.

But as far as other bowl games? woof

A big part of me hopes that Ewers gets bad advice and opts out of the Sugar Bowl. The whole thing needs to burn.

Good thing I'm home because now I'm actually going to have that drink.
Ewers should demand $10M and threaten to sit it out if he doesn’t get it. Seriously.