• The KillerFrogs

2023-2023 CFB Transfer Portal

satis1103

DAOTONPYH EHT LIAH LLA
I’d say inconsistent as well but then again, asking for consistency among college age kids is a Sisyphean endeavor.
Consistency from year to year may be due to a number of factors including injuries we know or don't know about, but I'm not gonna sit here and debate the quality of players who were key contributors to a NC runner up team.

y2kFrog

I guess I’ll be that guy, these additions are great and all I guess and I understand they have experience, but the quality of the teams they are transferring from leaves a lot to be desired.

Through four years or so of the portal it has become pretty clear that the good players off lower level teams are way more valuable than those who don’t make it on the Georgia and Alabamas of the world. Not counting those few big names that transfer for the big NIL deal.

Wexahu

Oh they were, in an effort to be kind, inconsistent but I’d rather use other choice words.

I’m not saying every transfer needs to come from some blue chip factory but Nevada only won what, 3 games last year I think? Hopefully these guys come good.
You never know, but I really think what schools they come from is not all that important. I’m sure some schools that picked up transfers from TCU were pretty excited when they got them, but how many really did much at their new school?

Palliative Care

I see that this group is being evaluated with an eye toward both talent and experience. As you cannot teach either one of these traits the gamble is that you can teach technique and understanding in your system which leads to performance on the field. I think that it is always a gamble with every player whether they will be a quality/productive contributor or not. If Morris had not been hurt would Duggan been the player he was?

froginmn

Oh they were, in an effort to be kind, inconsistent but I’d rather use other choice words.

I’m not saying every transfer needs to come from some blue chip factory but Nevada only won what, 3 games last year I think? Hopefully these guys come good.
Andre Seldon Jr was a 4 star, top 25 in the nation CB out of high school and signed with Michigan.

Limey Frog

I guess I’ll be that guy, these additions are great and all I guess and I understand they have experience, but the quality of the teams they are transferring from leaves a lot to be desired.
I think you're banking on finding which two or three of them can really level up their play. They all have the experience to suggest that they might.