• The KillerFrogs

2023-2023 CFB Transfer Portal

Toad Jones

First will there be one or two B12 teams in the playoff? Yes one for sure and probably two. What happened last year is that we beat Michigan. They may have given us a bad time about Georgia but WE BEAT Michigan.
That says it all. Upsets do happen and it gives the format credibility every time it happens. Blue Bloods hate it but the general public eats it up.
God, I love common sense!

Toad Jones

According to the article he wants to go to a place that will develop him for the next level...Well, TCU has put a few DBs in the league and won a few awards. So it looks like a good fit. Plus he was a team captain, which this team desperately needs.
" Re: he wants to go to a place that develops him for the next level"
Translation: I want to go to a school, like a blue blood school. The hype and notoriety is what I crave. Secondly, I'm not very bright and still trying to grow up. Presently, I am my own worst enemy.
Before the portal, there were a few players who trickled in and hardly ever did they make an immediate impact because they usually had to wait out a year to be eligible to play. Now in the portal era so many players are available that if you want to enhance your program you have to have a plan and cash. Still we saw what A$M did and also Colorado. It does not always produce results right a way or at all to go on spending sprees in the portal.

Can you buy enough to compete with Ga? No but um.. we did compete last year with Michigan. Oh and BTW they had a fairly good team this year. So it is not exactly impossible to compete on that level.

I suppose that a TCU could win it all. I guess you need some luck with what you do but I think that an expanded play off will level the field some too because there will always be an upset or two.

So I do not see it as hopeless just not always probable each season..

A coach who can see talent and put it where it is needed will be successful. Right now, there are less than 10, according to me. Dykes could be one of those ten!

Frawg

I don't see how you beat, or even compete with, teams like Georgia using players they don't want.

If you think the players transferring from those schools are mostly kids they would have liked to keep, I think you would be wrong about that. Not that they never lose a kid they really wanted to keep, but it's not often.

edit: We're never going to really bridge the talent gap with teams like Georgia, especially now with professional athletes playing the college game and the transfer rules in place. In fact, it's most likely just going to get wider. So what do we do?

I know what I've done for the most part. Stopped caring. Why put any emotion into something so futile?
A lot of that sentiment seems to be going around.

satis1103

DAOTONPYH EHT LIAH LLA
" Re: he wants to go to a place that develops him for the next level"
Translation: I want to go to a school, like a blue blood school. The hype and notoriety is what I crave. Secondly, I'm not very bright and still trying to grow up. Presently, I am my own worst enemy.
I'm not sure that translation is accurate.. maybe you've got the wrong language selected on Google Translate.

Chongo94

I guess I’ll be that guy, these additions are great and all I guess and I understand they have experience, but the quality of the teams they are transferring from leaves a lot to be desired.

Chongo94

As was Josh Newton's, as was Alan Ali's and Johnny Hodges'. Heck as was Kenny Hill's (yes that's an A&M insult)
I honestly can’t tell if you’re saying they were good additions or average additions?
Newton and Hodges last year were shells of what they showed a year prior. Kenny Hill was also kind of night and day from one season to another.

Chongo94

How’d those Bama transfers work out last year?
Oh they were, in an effort to be kind, inconsistent but I’d rather use other choice words.

I’m not saying every transfer needs to come from some blue chip factory but Nevada only won what, 3 games last year I think? Hopefully these guys come good.