• The KillerFrogs

2022 TCU Volleyball: New Era

Pharm Frog

Frogs now alone in 4th at 7-5 in Big 12. 12-10 overall. Big match at home v Baylor is next. That’s winnable but won’t be favored. Then it’s KSU, WVU, and OU to close out the regular season. Would think we’d need to win them all to advance to the NCAA tournament.

Pharm Frog

No Big 12 volleyball tournament? That sucks for a team that appears to be getting better each week.
Correct….no conference tournament which makes one wonder how could they ever decide a true conference champion. Being sarcastic.

Not sarcastically however, Frogs just took S1 from Baylor at Scholl 25-23. And did not have to play perfectly or near perfectly to do it. IMO…this is a must win match for an opportunity at grabbing an NCAA invite. Regardless, this team is getting better and has been for awhile now.

Pharm Frog

Frogs take S3 25-20.

I’ve seen enough….this squad is one rotation from being a Top 20 team right now. If they had brought in Coach Williams last season this team would be a Top 15 unit by this point. Nothing that happens here on out will change that opinion…you can see it clearly.

And….the officiating is atrocious and BU engaging in some odd level of gamesmanship.

Pharm Frog

This is where the opinion about needing one more rotation to be very good…. Frogs open S4 at 7-2 lead. If history holds, there will be at least one and probably two BU runs during a rotation that will close the gap. With one more rotation perhaps the Frogs run away and hide. We’ve shored it up much better in conference and need to do it again.

Pharm Frog

Frogs simply kicked their ass 25-10 to win the match 3-1. And the Frogs get a signature W over the 10th ranked Bears. I’ll go ahead and make the assertion that this match is the most meaningful W for this program possibly in its history. (And yes…I know the Frogs upset UT about 5-6 years ago).