• The KillerFrogs

2022 Recruiting Thread

froginmn

Some interesting parts of the story.

1) supplant doesn't mean what Jeremy thinks it does.

2) Kaz...

3) I like a guy with a chip on his shoulder.

Once TCU brought in Sonny Dykes and his new staff, Lewis made contact with new cornerbacks coach Carlton Buckels. Lewis made an official visit to TCU a week and a half ago that helped supplant his decision to be a Frog.

“I went up there and Coach Dykes and everybody was really genuine and real good people. Everybody seemed really excited for me to be up there,” he said. “He had a lot of guys on the staff and players from Louisiana that were very familiar with me. They showed me a great time and showed that they were very excited to have me. It just felt like home. I was real intrigued by the strength and conditioning coach, Coach Kaz. He pulled me to the side and I had a good conversation with him; that really got me. I just felt like TCU was the place.”

“I’m real excited. I’m not knocking the program over at Texas, I know they’re going to get better and they have a lot expected of them and they’re going to have a great season this season,” Lewis said. “That chip on my shoulder had a lot to do with my decision, I wanted to play in the Big 12 to play against those guys. That just added more fuel to the fire. I didn’t feel any type of way about it, everything happens for a reason, it’s all part of God’s plan. After that, just get ready to get back to work.”

FrogCop19

2) Kaz...

Once TCU brought in Sonny Dykes and his new staff, Lewis made contact with new cornerbacks coach Carlton Buckels. Lewis made an official visit to TCU a week and a half ago that helped supplant his decision to be a Frog.

“I went up there and Coach Dykes and everybody was really genuine and real good people. Everybody seemed really excited for me to be up there,” he said. “He had a lot of guys on the staff and players from Louisiana that were very familiar with me. They showed me a great time and showed that they were very excited to have me. It just felt like home. I was real intrigued by the strength and conditioning coach, Coach Kaz. He pulled me to the side and I had a good conversation with him; that really got me. I just felt like TCU was the place.”

“I’m real excited. I’m not knocking the program over at Texas, I know they’re going to get better and they have a lot expected of them and they’re going to have a great season this season,” Lewis said. “That chip on my shoulder had a lot to do with my decision, I wanted to play in the Big 12 to play against those guys. That just added more fuel to the fire. I didn’t feel any type of way about it, everything happens for a reason, it’s all part of God’s plan. After that, just get ready to get back to work.”
As much as I don't want to like that guy, Kaz has been impressing me. It has everything to do with the briles taint on him (no, not that kind) and nothing whatsoever to do with anything I've heard about him personally, so I'm going to do my best to view him through his success here at TCU.

hiphopfroggy

Only 12 or 13 commits in the 2022 recruiting class. I know the transfer portal is important and we've picked up a few good ones. Have to believe that the cupboard is bare with regard to talent and depth for the foreseeable future.
I had a moment of worry a couple of weeks back as well but all for not.

247 does a class ranking combining high school recruits and transfer portals.

With Ajay Allen officially off the TCU board the Frogs dropped one spot to #32 class in the nation, with Oregon leapfrogging.

#3 Class in the Big 12, #1 class among schools in the new Big 12.

Also Bama has the real #1 class of 2022, lol at aggie who thought they had finally won the recruiting championship.

https://247sports.com/Season/2022-Football/OverallTeamRankings/

Last edited:

Wexahu

I had a moment of worry a couple of weeks back as well but all for not.

247 does a class ranking combining high school recruits and transfer portals.

With Ajay Allen officially of the TCU board the Frogs dropped one spot to #32 class in the nation, with Oregon leapfrogging.

#3 Class in the Big 12, #1 class among schools in the new Big 12.

Also Bama has the real #1 class of 2022, lol at aggie who thought they had finally won the recruiting championship.

https://247sports.com/Season/2022-Football/OverallTeamRankings/
The SEC has 10 of the top 20 classes.
The Big 10 has 3
The ACC has 3
The Big 12 has 2
The PAC 12 has 1

The future SEC has 12 of the Top 20.

Mean Purple

2) Kaz...

"I wanted to play in the Big 12 to play against those guys. That just added more fuel to the fire."

It means more.

Mean Purple

2) Kaz...

Buckels strong ties to La paying off.

Latest posts