• The KillerFrogs

2022 Recruiting Thread

Ron Swanson

He probably saw her Insta. I'm not opposed to having my 2nd wife be considerably younger but I draw the line at having known her before adulthood.
A good friend of mine’s dad was an OBGYN in a small town when he was younger. He delivered a baby for a family friend and then married that same baby he delivered some 20+ years later. That baby is my buddy’s mom.

The dad passed away recently (in his 80’s or 90’s, not sure) and I went to the funeral. Dude was an absolute legend. Incredible stories, by far the best funeral I’ve ever been to.

McFroggin

A good friend of mine’s dad was an OBGYN in a small town when he was younger. He delivered a baby for a family friend and then married that same baby he delivered some 20+ years later. That baby is my buddy’s mom.

The dad passed away recently (in his 80’s or 90’s, not sure) and I went to the funeral. Dude was an absolute legend. Incredible stories, by far the best funeral I’ve ever been to.

That says a lot coming from a legend like Ron Swanson

hiphopfroggy

That is gross.

TCURiggs

I've told that story so many times. I like summing it up with "his father delivered his mother" at the end.

The Longhorns signed 27 freshmen during December’s early window, a group that included 18 four-star recruits. They’ve also added four impactful transfers, a quartet headlined by Ohio State transfer quarterback Quinn Ewers, the erstwhile No. 1 prospect in this 2022 class before reclassifying to enroll a year early.

With three days to go before the traditional national signing day, the first class recruited entirely by Sarkisian’s regime is ranked first in the Big 12 and fifth in the nation, per the 247Sports composite rankings. Texas trails only future SEC rivals Texas A&M, Alabama, Georgia and the Big Ten’s Ohio State; Oklahoma, lags five spots behind the Longhorns.

A few first-rate names still float on the open market, the biggest (literally) being Arlington Bowie five-star offensive tackle Devon Campbell, the nation’s top-ranked interior lineman.

In July, Campbell named a top five of Texas, Oklahoma, Alabama, LSU and USC. The 6-foot-3, 310-pound All-American has since whittled that list down to two programs, and on Wednesday will choose between the Longhorns and Sooners during a signing ceremony.

“Texas has been the one to beat for quite some time and Steve Sarkisian and his staff are putting together a terrific class on the offensive line,” 247Sports director of recruiting Steve Wiltfong said during a recent podcast on the site. “And if they do indeed add Devon ‘DJ’ Campbell, it’ll be the best offensive line haul in the country. And, obviously, they’ve got Quinn Ewers coming in the transfer portal and they continue to recruit playmakers, but this is the best that Texas has recruited along the line of scrimmage in a long time.”

Adding Campbell to the mix would bolster an already impressive group of freshmen offensive linemen fronted by Humble Summer Creek five-star tackle Kelvin Banks, the No. 3 offensive tackle nationally.