• The KillerFrogs

2021-2022 TCU Baseball Thread

CountryFrog

Every school gets 2 "bye" weeks once B12 play starts. Because winter weather lingers a bit longer in Morgantown, It's my understanding that the B12 delayed their conference schedule for 2 weeks and then sent them to a southern site (it was FtW this year) for the WV league opener. By then, the weather generally allows for them to be scheduled without frigid temps. They then play all 8 opponents consecutively. We, on the other hand, have our B12 schedule broken up with FSU and Santa Clara (on our "bye" weeks).
Makes sense. It just looks weird.

Pharm Frog

Might be a flex schedule in Stillwater this weekend. Saturday isn't looking very good and Friday looks like its gonna be a windy/gusty evening blowing out to LF.

hometown frog

Who is he gonna take playing time from??? Because it damn well better not be Byrne.
I’m guessing he doesn’t play much. But by being ‘back’ it frees us up to pinch hit or play Goodloe somewhere and not be worried about unplanned emergency catcher playing late in a game.
Prior to Spenrath finally hitting like he did at Cisco, I would have argued Petrie and Byrne combine for catcher and DH somehow. Now I don’t think Petrie plays much on weekends

Pharm Frog

May have found a team who plays small ball D worse than the Frogs….team called Red Raiders and they play in Lubbock. WVU scores 3 with no ball hit more than 65’