• The KillerFrogs

2021-2022 TCU Baseball Thread

PurplFrawg

Administrator
Here is an interesting point from Surly regarding their chances of winning the Big 12:
We'd have to get pretty hot. My guess is 16 wins gets you piece of title this year. What everyone has to do to get there:

UT: Win 10 of 12: BU, OSU, @WVU, KU

OSU: Win 7 of 12: @UT, TCU, TTU, @BU (probably toughest remaining schedule)

TCU: Win 6 of 9: @OSU, OU, @KU

TTU: Win 9 of 12: WVU, @BU, @OSU, OU

WVU: Win 10 of 15: @TTU, @KU, UT, @OU, KSU

Pharm Frog

Here is an interesting point from Surly regarding their chances of winning the Big 12:
I think that's a pretty solid assessment. I do think there's a very slim chance we may see a 15-win regular season champion...probably a co-champion under that scenario. But that would suggest that the bottom third of the conference wins some unexpected ballgames.

Pharm Frog

Terrible midweek slate for the conference….have only 1 team now in Top 20 RPI and that’s UT at 14. Beginning to think that things could turn out in a way that the conference only gets 3 in. Previously had thought 4 was the floor.

Punter1

Terrible midweek slate for the conference….have only 1 team now in Top 20 RPI and that’s UT at 14. Beginning to think that things could turn out in a way that the conference only gets 3 in. Previously had thought 4 was the floor.

UT, TCU, Tech and Okie Lite are dam near locks and WVU has a decent shot. I guess you think Tech is the odd man out of the 4 but they'll rebound I bet...

Pharm Frog

UT, TCU, Tech and Okie Lite are dam near locks and WVU has a decent shot. I guess you think Tech is the odd man out of the 4 but they'll rebound I bet...
I don’t think much of anyone is a lock at this point other than UT. Too early for “locks”. Still think 4 get in and possibly a 5th but if Ws and Ls get distributed poorly it’s not gonna be a shallow year for the Big 12. I’d sure want to finish 1 or 2 in the conference

froghorn4

The imbalance in the conference schedules seems odd to me. We only have 3 series left while WVU still has 5.
Every school gets 2 "bye" weeks once B12 play starts. Because winter weather lingers a bit longer in Morgantown, It's my understanding that the B12 delayed their conference schedule for 2 weeks and then sent them to a southern site (it was FtW this year) for the WV league opener. By then, the weather generally allows for them to be scheduled without frigid temps. They then play all 8 opponents consecutively. We, on the other hand, have our B12 schedule broken up with FSU and Santa Clara (on our "bye" weeks).

Last edited:

Pharm Frog

If Gray is an adequate left fielder, how about Goodloe at 2b? (Since Spenrath has come to life at DH.)
My opinion is this…with all of this infield shifting impacting angles and cut off’s and throwing distances, I want my 2B at 2B and keep the double-play combination in place. Despite his advanced age, Rodgers is capable of playing a really salty 2B. Just go figure out LF which is significantly less difficult to play

ShreveFrog

My opinion is this…with all of this infield shifting impacting angles and cut off’s and throwing distances, I want my 2B at 2B and keep the double-play combination in place. Despite his advanced age, Rodgers is capable of playing a really salty 2B. Just go figure out LF which is significantly less difficult to play
Yeah I agree with this, except we don't have anyone in LF who can hit besides Gray. I think Berkley has upside, just like Maxwell. But we're not there yet. Wish Porter would click.

NWAFrog

They were talking about that on the broadcast last night. Very encouraging!
Must have missed that on the broadcast! Saarloos was talking about it in the postgame on Frogs Today. Side note, they've been doing an amazing job with postgame/practice interviews for both baseball and football.

Latest posts