• The KillerFrogs

2020 MLB Thread

ShreveFrog

Frazier = Veteran player, budget move ($5 mil one year deal). 33 years old. Hit .251,21 HR, 67 RBIs last year.

Not the greatest move. But at least we have a 3B going into spring.

FBallFan123

Pretty crazy that it's mostly "player-driven" but players will not be punished...including Beltran.

Cora's gonna be gone for a looooong time....

jake102

Should have stripped them of the title if it was proved to used in the World Series. MLB backed themselves into a corner telling players that they wouldn’t be penalized with cooperation

How many titles are you taking away? Not that it matters, USC is still the multi year National Champs from the early 2000s. I don't have any clue what year(s) they got in trouble, just know they were the best

MTfrog5

How many titles are you taking away? Not that it matters, USC is still the multi year National Champs from the early 2000s. I don't have any clue what year(s) they got in trouble, just know they were the best
Red Sox and Astros. Can you prove to me they are the best without cheating? The Astros hadn’t won it all before without cheating so I’ll assume no. Cora should never be part of another team again.

FBallFan123

Should have stripped them of the title if it was proved to used in the World Series. MLB backed themselves into a corner telling players that they wouldn’t be penalized with cooperation

Yeah, I think there's a very good argument that this cheating helps a hitter more than steroids did.

My belief is the players actively involved should be tainted as any that are associated with steroids.

This not only taints the Astros players, but the Cora revelations put the 2018 Red Sox offensive seasons of JD Martinez, Mookie Betts et al. in a much different light.

And I haven't really seen this yet....but maybe it should start raising questions about how legit Mookie Betts' 2018 MVP was.

jake102

Yeah, I think there's a very good argument that this cheating helps a hitter more than steroids did.

I haven't studied the Red Sox 2018 season, but the Astros hit worse at home than away. So, no, statistically it doesn't help hitters more than steroids.

In fact, the lunacy is that you have to wonder why the Astros continued to use it. It clearly wasn't helping. It was probably distracting them from the task at hand. It's like when you're allowed a cheat sheet for an exam and spend hours writing as small as possible to fill every millimeter. Well you could have spent half the time just learning the material and getting a better score. Stupid.