• The KillerFrogs

2020 MLB Thread

PO Frog

I haven't studied the Red Sox 2018 season, but the Astros hit worse at home than away. So, no, statistically it doesn't help hitters more than steroids.

In fact, the lunacy is that you have to wonder why the Astros continued to use it. It clearly wasn't helping. It was probably distracting them from the task at hand. It's like when you're allowed a cheat sheet for an exam and spend hours writing as small as possible to fill every millimeter. Well you could have spent half the time just learning the material and getting a better score. Stupid.
I actually didn't like having someone on second try to signal me if we thought we had picked up the other team's signs. I don't know if there was that hint of doubt in my mind that the guy might be wrong or what, but I preferred going on my own. That being said, if I knew for a fact that I was getting a fastball, I would probably still be playing...

FBallFan123

You wonder if these effectively become lifetime bans for both....and Cora.

I think Luhnow is done.

Cora likely.

Hinch...we'll see....

I just don't see how it's right that the players get no punishment out of this...especially Beltran since he sounds like a ring-leader.

Last edited:

Eight

the cheating is just one issue in a series of issues for the gm the past few seasons and while this might bite crain in the ass i understand why he did it and give him credit for taking action.

in other houston sports news no proof whether cal mcnair actually has any ball at all or if he is just happy playing with the toys he dad left him in the will

FBallFan123

somewhat similar?

the red sox need to get at least the same if not more.

if cora knew it was against the rules in 2017 why would that change for 2018 and in 2018 he was the guy in charge

Yeah, I just can't believe Cora wouldn't get more punishment.

Cora was a key part of the cheating...and did it for two teams.

Hinch was apparnetly only aware of it and didn't report it...

https://img.mlbstatic.com/mlb-images/image/upload/mlb/cglrhmlrwwbkacty27l7.pdf

MLB said:
A.J. Hinch (Field Manager). Hinch neither devised the banging scheme nor participated in it. Hinch told my investigators that he did not support his players decoding signs using the monitor installed near the dugout and banging the trash can, and he believed that the conduct was both wrong and distracting. Hinch attempted to signal his disapproval of the scheme by physically damaging the monitor on two occasions, necessitating its replacement. However, Hinch admits he did not stop it and he did not notify players or Cora that he disapproved of it, even after the Red Sox were disciplined in September 2017. Similarly, he knew of and did not stop the communication of sign information from the replay review room, although he disagreed with this practice as well and specifically voiced his concerns on at least one occasion about the use of the replay phone for this purpose. As the person with responsibility for managing his players and coaches, there simply is no justification for Hinch’s failure to act. If Hinch was unsure about how to handle the situation, it was his responsibility to bring the issue to the attention of Luhnow. Hinch expressed much contrition both to me and my investigators for allowing the conduct to continue. Although I appreciate Hinch’s remorsefulness, I must hold him accountable for the conduct of his team, particularly since he had full knowledge of the conduct and chose to allow it to continue throughout the 2017 Postseason.
MLB said:
Alex Cora (Bench Coach). Cora was involved in developing both the banging scheme and utilizing the replay review room to decode and transmit signs. Cora participated in both schemes, and through his active participation, implicitly condoned the players’ conduct. I will withhold determining the appropriate level of discipline for Cora until after the DOI completes its investigation of the allegations that the Red Sox engaged in impermissible electronic sign stealing in 2018 while Cora was the manager.

Moose Stuff

You wonder if these effectively become lifetime bans for both....and Cora.

I think Luhnow is done.

Cora likely.

Hinch...we'll see....

I just don't see how it's right that the players get no punishment out of this...especially Beltran since he sounds like a ring-leader.

Luhnow is a well below average human and I hope he never works again.

Armadillo

source.gif