• The KillerFrogs

2019 Recruiting Thread

Wexahu

How would you even know what level of interest this kid is showing staff? Maybe they talk to him every day? Maybe he's responsive to communication and staff is just keeping internal. You think JR wasn't talking to other schools during his recruiting process?

I don't. I just know that he's not showing legitimate interest in 38 schools and that probably more than 30 schools on his list have no chance of actually signing him.. Besides, we aren't on his list anyway so apparently we aren't recruiting him, which is fine with me, because the odds of us landing a kid like this are so long it's not worth the resources to chase him.

netty2424

I don't. I just know that he's not showing legitimate interest in 38 schools and that probably more than 30 schools on his list have no chance of actually signing him.. Besides, we aren't on his list anyway so apparently we aren't recruiting him, which is fine with me, because the odds of us landing a kid like this are so long it's not worth the resources to chase him.
We just have different opinions in recruiting strategies.

I'd imagine there is a long list of recruits that wouldn't have had TCU square in its cross hairs, yet ended up here after coaches got to them.

Frog-in-law1995

Scott Frost is really shaking thing up up here. He landed the McCaffrey baby bro as a QB and is getting a fresh look from kids who wouldn't consider Nebraska before. He may be waking up the echoes (I know, wrong school, but still....)

New coach bump. Without Texas recruiting connections, NU is Minnesota is Iowa is Indiana is Purdue is Illinois.

New coach bump. Without Texas recruiting connections, NU is Minnesota is Iowa is Indiana is Purdue is Illinois.
Well....actually Nebraska hasn't recruited well in Texas in quite some time. After Solich was fired they switched their focus heavily to the West Coast. Now Frost is bringing his strong Florida ties with him. However, he has announced his intention to recruit Oklahoma and Texas more heavily in the future.

But your larger point is well taken. the North Plains states are poorly populated and don't produce many great football players. Those schools have to recruit nationally.

Wexahu

Not sure where to put this so it'll drop here. I ain't mad at ya Lincoln.
Lincoln Riley Takes Jab at UGA: 'If you throw Georgia in the Big 12 every year, there is no way they are a top 5 defense in the country' http://footballscoop.com/news/lincoln-riley-takes-shot-georgia/

I don't disagree with that, but who really cares?

If you put OU in the SEC there's no way they have the offensive stats they do year after year, and if you put Georgia in the Big 12, their offensive stats would be better. I think it's sort of leveling out as the SEC is getting a little more wide open and the Big 12 seems to be getting away from all the track meet games, but there is still a discrepancy.

The Big 12 is fine, there's nothing wrong with the conference and there is good football being played in the Big 12. But the SEC, top to bottom, is the best football conference in the country and I think anyone who doesn't recognize that is kidding themselves.

MTfrog5