• The KillerFrogs

2019 Recruiting Thread

Jackson

Frost has one heck of a tough road ahead of him at Nebraska. The Fans think they’re going to win at least 8 next year.....seriously! Many Nebraskans can’t remember when NU was good.....way back when they fired Frank Solich when they won 10 games....insane.
NU is the most western team in the Big 10. As a result, not only does their weather suk but the travel too. The Big XII plays much more exciting football and with the exception of Morgantown is quite an easy roadtrip for conference away games. A young man from Kansas should be playing in the Big XII.

Frost has one heck of a tough road ahead of him at Nebraska. The Fans think they’re going to win at least 8 next year.....seriously! Many Nebraskans can’t remember when NU was good.....way back when they fired Frank Solich when they won 10 games....insane.
NU is the most western team in the Big 10. As a result, not only does their weather suk but the travel too. The Big XII plays much more exciting football and with the exception of Morgantown is quite an easy roadtrip for conference away games. A young man from Kansas should be playing in the Big XII.

I agree completely -- moving to the B1G was the second worst decision NU ever made (firing Solich and breaking the coaches' succession plan was the biggest, but the two both trace to a common origin -- an anti-sports chancellor and a narcissistic AD who hired him). Would give anything to see NU back where it belongs in the Big XII.

82 Frog Fever

I agree completely -- moving to the B1G was the second worst decision NU ever made (firing Solich and breaking the coaches' succession plan was the biggest, but the two both trace to a common origin -- an anti-sports chancellor and a narcissistic AD who hired him). Would give anything to see NU back where it belongs in the Big XII.

I agree. Not sure the order isn’t reversed, but those are definitely the Big 2.
Moving from B12 broke NU’s state of Texas recruiting pipeline. No bueno.

Ray Finkle

I agree. Not sure the order isn’t reversed, but those are definitely the Big 2.
Moving from B12 broke NU’s state of Texas recruiting pipeline. No bueno.
A couple of years ago there was a recruiting stat out there that it was the first year Nebraska hadn’t pulled a recruit out of Texas since the early 1980s. Now they are playing second fiddle to the recruiting likes of Michigan, Ohio State, and Penn State. Kids today do not view Nebraska as a winning program like it once was. It’s not your dad’s Nebraska nor is it your grandfather’s Nebraska. They lost an entire generation due to a lack of performance on the field.

By the same token, all the kids coming out of school nowadays view TCU as a winning tradition because that’s all they’ve ever seen on the field.

Bob Sugar

giphy.gif

MinFrog

Count me as excited that we have several LBers that were LBers in high school. Guys like Wilson, Zach, now Jordan. We aren't hoping guys who were safeties in high school can punch up, these are big body frames that are athletic as hell. The LB core should be in good hands for the next few years.

I love it. This staff is finishing damn strong.

Wexahu

I love it. This staff is finishing damn strong.

You'd have to look hard to find something major to complain about in this class. They've pretty much covered all the bases. Unless a few kids fail to qualify or otherwise show up, top to bottom I think it's the best class we've had since I can't remember when.

This is one kid I figured was probably a long shot just a couple weeks ago. Great news.

Purp

The athletic director hired the chancellor? That seems more backwards than making all right turns on a NASCAR track.

texas_sicilian

This is shaping up to be one of the most well balanced classes I’ve seen in some time. Reallly excited about it.

Hope we land Griffin Kell our primary future PK... can anyone confirm?

frog-hat

Bye FeHuskia