• The KillerFrogs

2019 Recruiting Thread

Moose Stuff

Just a reminder for those interested (and I assume that’s everyone) that Dylan Jordan still plans on announcing his decision today. Frogs appear to be the leader. Would be our 3rd highest rated recruit (92/4 star at 247, 14th rated LB) and 3rd member of the top 247 for us (197). Obviously would be an amazing late get for us and a nice little serving of crow for those of you that were crushing our staff’s inability to close a few weeks back. And if he chooses Nebraska just look at it as an excellent opportunity to crush me for what I just typed.

InstaFrog

Just a reminder for those interested (and I assume that’s everyone) that Dylan Jordan still plans on announcing his decision today. Frogs appear to be the leader. Would be our 3rd highest rated recruit (92/4 star at 247, 14th rated LB) and 3rd member of the top 247 for us (197). Obviously would be an amazing late get for us and a nice little serving of crow for those of you that were crushing our staff’s inability to close a few weeks back. And if he chooses Nebraska just look at it as an excellent opportunity to crush me for what I just typed.
Sounds like a win-win.

CryptoMiner

A good article out of Omaha on DJ decision:

https://www.omaha.com/huskers/footb...cle_9885c780-07d8-525a-8607-c9ec8bd18e4e.html

Nebraska should know by Monday evening whether it has another outside linebacker in its 2019 recruiting class.

Dylan Jordan, a 6-foot-3, 215-pounder from Pittsburg, Kansas, finished his official visit to NU on Sunday and has the Huskers in his final two — TCU is the other finalist.

Jordan intended to sit down with his family Sunday to decide, call the coaches of both teams Monday, then announce his final choice on social media.

The Huskers and Horned Frogs, Jordan said, are roughly even as of Sunday afternoon. His visit to NU — hosted by Nebraska outside linebacker Caleb Tannor — couldn’t have gone better, he said. And Jordan liked that the answers he got from defensive coordinator Erik Chinander and outside linebackers coach Jovan Dewitt were the same answers he got from Tannor.

“I like the clarity in the system — the way coaches and players communicate,” he said.

Nebraska sees Jordan as a strongside outside linebacker — opposite of Tannor, who plays closer to the line of scrimmage — who can rush the passer and cover tight ends in space. Jordan said all the film he watched over the weekend was of Shaquem Griffin, the former Central Florida star who was part of an undefeated team under coach Scott Frost. Jordan liked the comparison and didn’t think he’d have to gain much weight to play right away.

“It’s that player who can cover in space in the ‘2’ hole,” Jordan said. “At the same time, it’s that player who can come off the edge, be a ‘big bang’ type guy.”

His role in Nebraska’s defense — a snug fit in Jordan’s mind — is different than it would be at TCU, which runs a 4-2-5 defense. There, Jordan said, he’d be more of a nickel who played in the box but also off the ball. He wouldn’t rush the passer as much.

Jordan entertained the idea of visiting either Florida State or Auburn just before signing day. He thinks he’ll shut down his recruitment instead.

“I don’t see myself playing down south,” Jordan said. “The schools I have are the schools I’m interested in going to.”

asleep003

?QUOTE="Prince of Purpoole, post: 2688217, member: 71286"]Lol yes you posted the three paragraph snarky bullet point rebuttal. But carry on[/QUOTE]

Healthy discussion of differing views. Unsolicited personal critiquing, of other's debates? Wow, that's one I haven't done …… yet!

Last edited:

MTfrog5

A good article out of Omaha on DJ decision:

https://www.omaha.com/huskers/footb...cle_9885c780-07d8-525a-8607-c9ec8bd18e4e.html

Nebraska should know by Monday evening whether it has another outside linebacker in its 2019 recruiting class.

Dylan Jordan, a 6-foot-3, 215-pounder from Pittsburg, Kansas, finished his official visit to NU on Sunday and has the Huskers in his final two — TCU is the other finalist.

Jordan intended to sit down with his family Sunday to decide, call the coaches of both teams Monday, then announce his final choice on social media.

The Huskers and Horned Frogs, Jordan said, are roughly even as of Sunday afternoon. His visit to NU — hosted by Nebraska outside linebacker Caleb Tannor — couldn’t have gone better, he said. And Jordan liked that the answers he got from defensive coordinator Erik Chinander and outside linebackers coach Jovan Dewitt were the same answers he got from Tannor.

“I like the clarity in the system — the way coaches and players communicate,” he said.

Nebraska sees Jordan as a strongside outside linebacker — opposite of Tannor, who plays closer to the line of scrimmage — who can rush the passer and cover tight ends in space. Jordan said all the film he watched over the weekend was of Shaquem Griffin, the former Central Florida star who was part of an undefeated team under coach Scott Frost. Jordan liked the comparison and didn’t think he’d have to gain much weight to play right away.

“It’s that player who can cover in space in the ‘2’ hole,” Jordan said. “At the same time, it’s that player who can come off the edge, be a ‘big bang’ type guy.”

His role in Nebraska’s defense — a snug fit in Jordan’s mind — is different than it would be at TCU, which runs a 4-2-5 defense. There, Jordan said, he’d be more of a nickel who played in the box but also off the ball. He wouldn’t rush the passer as much.

Jordan entertained the idea of visiting either Florida State or Auburn just before signing day. He thinks he’ll shut down his recruitment instead.

“I don’t see myself playing down south,” Jordan said. “The schools I have are the schools I’m interested in going to.”
Kind of a confusing article. There will be plenty of time to cover a TE or rush the passer at TCU

MTfrog5

nopostinghuskers18 hrsVIP

His use of "clarity" is what stands out to me. In my professional job when that word is used it has significant meaning against your competitors. We will see if that is the case here, but I'm leaning towards N. TCU isn't a bad option, but if he wants to win it will be N.

Lololol chance to win is better at Nebraska?? Fans stuck in the 90’s and early 2000’s.

Moose Stuff

His use of "clarity" is what stands out to me. In my professional job when that word is used it has significant meaning against your competitors. We will see if that is the case here, but I'm leaning towards N. TCU isn't a bad option, but if he wants to win it will be N.

Lololol chance to win is better at Nebraska?? Fans stuck in the 90’s and early 2000’s.

The average fan remains an unrealistic boob.

LVH

Nebraska hasn't been a conference title contender in 7 years and have back to back losing seasons, which has never happened under Patterson

I think some on this board are living in the past with respect to Nebraska. Scott Frost has begun to turn the tide, with a freshman All-American QB and a recruiting class ranked in 247's top 20. I hope Dylan comes to TCU, of course, and Steven Parker too, but it's not like Nebraska would be a ridiculous choice. These are not your older brother's Huskers.

Wexahu

I think some on this board are living in the past with respect to Nebraska. Scott Frost has begun to turn the tide, with a freshman All-American QB and a recruiting class ranked in 247's top 20. I hope Dylan comes to TCU, of course, and Steven Parker too, but it's not like Nebraska would be a ridiculous choice. These are not your older brother's Huskers.

A ridiculous choice? No, it wouldn't be. Nebraska is still a good school that loves their football. But it's not like the days of 1970's-90's Husker football is right around the corner either. They'll never be what they once were, changes in the college football landscape, Lincoln being in a recruiting wasteland, and the fact that every team is on national TV every week now virtually guarantees that.

SuperTFrog

FWIW Dylan's header pic on Twitter is of him wearing TCU jersey and helmet with #Carterboys19 graphic on it
Please don’t be a Daylon Mack troll job. If we get the guys that seem to be leaning our way, this is going to be a fantastic class. We obviously have great kids signed already but this would be icing on the cake.

CountryFrog

My older brother's Huskers? Like my older brother by one year? They're coming off back to back losing seasons and they haven't been nationally relevant since the Suh team that went to the B12 championship game scoring about 5 points per game on offense.

Frog-in-law1995

He went 4-8. Same as Riley last year. And this class is pretty much exactly the same as the last 4 classes at Nebraska, just bumped up to 19 instead of the low 20s where they had been because they have more commits this year. I mean, Maybe Frost is turning the tide, but not sure what makes you think so at this point.

Purp

This sounds like an aggy recruiting rankings post. I'll grant you that there is reason for optimism at Nebraska for the first time in about a decade, but I don't think anyone can rationally say things went great in Frost's first year at the helm. If I were a neutral recruit with Nebraska as an option I wouldn't be under any illusion that we'd be favorites to win the conference before I graduated.

Unlike some on this board I have a life that doesn't include endless quibbling over nuance and hyperbole in messages. I know a lot of Husker fans and not one is predicting a return to 90s glory anytime soon, if ever. But the chance of Nebraska and TCU fielding roughly equivalent teams over the next five years is realistic. Wherever Dylan and Parker play (well, unless Parker opts for Kansas) they will be winners. I hope it's TCU.