• The KillerFrogs

2019 Recruiting Thread

LisaLT

Yah I’m pretty sure he’s fine with how things ended up for him. Playing in the senior bowl with a pretty good shot at the league. TCU is an after thought for him.
TCU may be an after thought, but I'm sure he is well aware of how TCU was the best team in the state of Texas during most of his playing career at A&M. He went with the SEC program, because of what he thought that exposure would offer in the long run. All things being equal, he might have been a bigger piece in our defense than at aggy. Water under the bridge now.

stbrab

the idea of an assistant or a head coach recruiting a kid up to the point of signing and then leaving the program for another job is nothing new.

texas last year had coaches recruiting who they knew were going to be reassigned, but didn't have replacements in place.

the early signing period has only increased the chances of this happening and i am not sure what the answer other than hold to the transfer rule. kids now can move and they don't have to sign early.

i don't see how the ncaa allows immediately eligibility in this cause or fields at ohio state
I agree. I just don't think they gave enough thought to the potential ramifications.

netty2424

TCU may be an after thought, but I'm sure he is well aware of how TCU was the best team in the state of Texas during most of his playing career at A&M. He went with the SEC program, because of what he thought that exposure would offer in the long run. All things being equal, he might have been a bigger piece in our defense than at aggy. Water under the bridge now.
I don’t disagree with that at all.

I guess my point is I think people assume because we hate Aggie, Aggie must hate Aggie too. Doesn’t work that way and I’m sure Mack has zero regrets. I mean it’s not like he didn’t play and wasn’t a factor.

And they paid him, so there’s that! :)

MTfrog5

LJ Collier wasn’t great until this year either. Probably doesn’t mean he secretly wishes he had stuck with his original commitment to Tech.
Not comparable imo. Mack played since day 1 for A&M. Collier just started to play this year consistently. Mack was considered a huge bust by Aggies before this year until they switched things up for him to shoot gaps instead of lining up over Center.

CountryFrog

A major slippery slope IMO. Let him leave without skipping a year and basically the floodgates are open for any kid that early enrolls to decide he’d like to go somewhere else. An assistant coach leaving isn’t close to a good enough reason to let him walk. Personally I don’t even think a head coach leaving is, but I know an assistant coach isn’t.
It would kind of defeat the purpose of the early signing period.

Fosterpark Squatter

I wonder what the stars of all the 1st rounders were every year. Im too lazy to look em all up and assume 247 or espn wont run an article showing that since it kinda makes em look bad.

BAM Frog

Not comparable imo. Mack played since day 1 for A&M. Collier just started to play this year consistently. Mack was considered a huge bust by Aggies before this year until they switched things up for him to shoot gaps instead of lining up over Center.
Agreed. How long do you think it would’ve taken the TCU coaches to figure this out?

Moose Stuff

Seems pretty comparable to me, neither started to realize their full potential until this year. Pretty sure if LJ had played as much as Mack did early on we would have had similar thoughts.

MinFrog

One of the more pathetic things I’ve ever seen. You know what I do for a living..... I made a phone call from the couch in my hotel room immediately after seeing that. You can guess who I called, what I said, and what the result was.
I assume an Aggie played with a ring on?

Frog-in-law1995

One of the more pathetic things I’ve ever seen. You know what I do for a living..... I made a phone call from the couch in my hotel room immediately after seeing that. You can guess who I called, what I said, and what the result was.

651101.jpg