• The KillerFrogs

2019 Recruiting Thread

Moose Stuff

Still hoping to see more TE action....

I think the WR group is going to be very solid. Along with the names mentioned getting a healthy Hights and Thomas back will be a big plus and both of the Davis' if still around showed great promise.

Yeah, I wanna say Pro Wells adds a new dimension to the offense in 2019, but......

LawFrog504

Still hoping to see more TE action....

I think the WR group is going to be very solid. Along with the names mentioned getting a healthy Hights and Thomas back will be a big plus and both of the Davis' if still around showed great promise.
Just don't know what people have seen from Heights and Thomas that gets them excited

Froggish

I think guys like Barkley, Hunt, and Stephens could easily emerge.
Barkley is going to be a factor for sure....I would love to see Stephens in the slot...That big body could function like a split out TE and really give a nickel/ LB some trouble on slants and outs...In addition putting a big body in the slot really allows you to seal the edge in the RPO game in a way those little 5’9 guys can’t...Taye as great as he played. missed so many blocks in the run game last year it was crazy..

MTfrog5

Barkley is going to be a factor for sure....I would love to see Stephens in the slot...That big body could function like a split out TE and really give a nickel/ LB some trouble on slants and outs...In addition putting a big body in the slot really allows you to seal the edge in the RPO game in a way those little 5’9 guys can’t...Taye as great as he played. missed so many blocks in the run game last year it was crazy..
Stephens in the slot wouldn’t be interesting. Bigger body than Lil Jordan even

Froggish

Stephens in the slot wouldn’t be interesting. Bigger body than Lil Jordan even
If the desire is to get more physical...Then motioning Reagor around and utilizing bigger bodies in the slot is a good way to get the running game and high percentage passing game going. We could easily become much more efficient and take some pressures off of the uncertainty at QB..My complaint with Cumbie has always been that he doesn’t utilize QBs in their strengths. He tries to bend them to what he wants to do..

Double V

Happened increasingly the last few games of the year and with success. May not be what we PREFER to do but at least we showed some commitment to it when what we prefer to do isn’t working. I could easily see a 2019 offense built around the athleticism of Delton, a stable of quality RB (including guys like Foster or Barlow), and getting the ball to Reagor as many ways as possible. I’m confident the OL is gonna be good enough to allow that.
And that's what is going to be so damned frustrating. We all can see that's what we SHOULD do, but we won't.

Froggish

I don’t care who’s in what position, if we don’t start using more of the field, specifically the middle, this offense will remain average. Too many negative passes in the flat, 5-7 yard stops, and outs. Need to mix it up more to keep the defense guessing.
Our inability to utilize the part of the field between the hashes is baffling. It’s amazing to watch offense after offense isolate a Taye like slot man on a LB or Nickel and force him to chase on a 6 yard crossing rout..OU owned us with a slot cross and TE seem rout. The QB just watched the safety and threw right to whichever guy left

Our inability to utilize the part of the field between the hashes is baffling. It’s amazing to watch offense after offense isolate a Taye like slot man on a LB or Nickel and force him to chase on a 6 yard crossing rout..OU owned us with a slot cross and TE seem rout. The QB just watched the safety and threw right to whichever guy left
Yep.

netty2424

I assumed so. I’d think that would be a weird way to say thanks but no thanks
I mean that’s the way I read it too. Just wasn’t sure if I was interpreting that wrong and he was just publicly thanking TCU for the opp, and I’ll let you know kind of thing. Don’t see anything on 247 from JC though.

netty2424

Remember when everyone was panicking that we were gonna be so short handed at DE? Good times.
giphy.gif