• The KillerFrogs

2019 Recruiting Thread

TAINTed frog

Asked before, did they visit Fleck's house on the river in St Paul? It's supposedly a spot where they close the deal with many recruits.
Gb3SYy6.jpg

CountryFrog

I’m sorry, how the hell does SMU get Buchelle and we get the backup from KSU. I think maybe our school isn’t nearly as desirable as we think it is. Is this a “can’t transfer in the big 12” thing?
If I remember correctly, the coaches had no interest in Buchelle coming out of high school and I think it's safe to assume they had no interest in him this time around either. He's got a famous last name (at least around here) but other than that there's not much about him that would be an asset for us.

And from his perspective, he's looking to go somewhere where he can be a starter for the next TWO years. That ain't here.

But you're probably enjoying your worst case doom and gloom scenario so don't let me get in the way of that.

I’m sorry, how the hell does SMU get Buchelle and we get the backup from KSU. I think maybe our school isn’t nearly as desirable as we think it is. Is this a “can’t transfer in the big 12” thing?
As Country Frog noted, he is transferring to start. From what I have seen of him, which is quite a bit at this point, I don't see how he starts over Collins and if they live up to their projection, no way he starts over JR or MD and that shouldn't even be close.

As for the desirability issue, the offense needs to get better. There always seems to be someone willing to be the contrarian on everything but there really shouldn't be much disagreement about that.

Hell Sent Frog

the offense needs to get better. There always seems to be someone willing to be the contrarian on everything but there really shouldn't be much disagreement about that.

We need to get our ground game going again like it was when we had Boykin at QB and Green at RB. Frogs need to bring back the speed option, zone read option and a short yardage offense.
Delton can help give Patterson this on Game 1. If Rogers ends up winning the job as the season progresses and opportunities open up so be it.

We need to get our ground game going again like it was when we had Boykin at QB and Green at RB. Frogs need to bring back the speed option, zone read option and a short yardage offense.
Delton can help give Patterson this on Game 1. If Rogers ends up winning the job as the season progresses and opportunities open up so be it.
We've already utilized those concepts to some degree but if you want the running game we had then then you have to have reason for that running game. Solid OL play and defenses which fear that you will beat them with the pass. As long as we play 90% of the game within 5 yards of the LOS and consequently defenses have 7, 8 or 9 players within 5 yards of the LOS, it's much more difficult for the OL and a consistent running game is going to be much harder to achieve. Find a way to spread out the defense to defend the pass and the running game will be much more productive.

Punter1

Next year looks again like WR is gonna be an issue minus Reag and Taye.

We are gonna pound the boat outta the ball with Sewo, Jet and the two (hopefully) freshman RBs.

I think it's always been a wet dream of GPs to run a Kstate offense with a QB like Delton and keep his defense off the field for 7 mins at a time.

Moose Stuff

We are gonna pound the boat outta the ball with Sewo, Jet and the two (hopefully) freshman RBs.

I think it's always been a wet dream of GPs to run a Kstate offense with a QB like Delton and keep his defense off the field for 7 mins at a time.

I think guys like Barkley, Hunt, and Stephens could easily emerge.

OmniscienceFrog

I’m just giving you the truth. You’ve accused me of just copying moderators as well. I’m not interested in giving out info which needs to make you fill comfortable Moose. There are other people who read this site other than yourself. Darwin loves TCU. His family has been gently pushing for other options and they have their reasons. I’m just giving out real information in real time.
Scooter, Scooter, Scooter. smh

Double V

We are NOT going to pound the ball with our RBs. I WISH we would! But, sadly, that ain't happening in this offense

Moose Stuff

We are NOT going to pound the ball with our RBs. I WISH we would! But, sadly, that ain't happening in this offense

Happened increasingly the last few games of the year and with success. May not be what we PREFER to do but at least we showed some commitment to it when what we prefer to do isn’t working. I could easily see a 2019 offense built around the athleticism of Delton, a stable of quality RB (including guys like Foster or Barlow), and getting the ball to Reagor as many ways as possible. I’m confident the OL is gonna be good enough to allow that.

CryptoMiner

Happened increasingly the last few games of the year and with success. May not be what we PREFER to do but at least we showed some commitment to it when what we prefer to do isn’t working. I could easily see a 2019 offense built around the athleticism of Delton, a stable of quality RB (including guys like Foster or Barlow), and getting the ball to Reagor as many ways as possible. I’m confident the OL is gonna be good enough to allow that.

Still hoping to see more TE action....

I think the WR group is going to be very solid. Along with the names mentioned getting a healthy Hights and Thomas back will be a big plus and both of the Davis' if still around showed great promise.