• The KillerFrogs

2019 Recruiting Thread

flyfishingfrog

And 5th in punt return average, which actually is shocking to me. I stand corrected I guess, but I can't tell you how many times I looked at what we were doing and was completely confused because there was no effort to set up a return. Let's just say I think we could've done even better!

I get what you are saying - I think it was situational - when we would benefit from a big return, we tended to block more aggressively and let the returner decide if he had room to move based on the punt.

When we more needed to just get the ball back and control the game either clock wise or based on field position, we had a less aggressive approach and the returner would immediately raise the fair catch signal regardless of who was returning kicks.

Maybe not ideal but I don't think it was just random

netty2424

Punter1

Turpin will be missed in the return game.

I can’t see continuing to run Reagor out on returns all year long next year. Seems like the majority of Turpins injuries came on returns.

Pretty sure D Davis or Barber will get a good shot at returning punts...but I'm also sure if we are down late where a return is assured (other team backed up) Reag will be out there....

In a weak effort to try to keep this post about 2019 recruiting, I don't think there is anybody in this year's class that would be an immediate candidate to return punts. Kickoffs however, I think both of the running backs coming in have a real good chance of seeing immediate playing time.

Eight

Pretty sure D Davis or Barber will get a good shot at returning punts...but I'm also sure if we are down late where a return is assured (other team backed up) Reag will be out there....

In a weak effort to try to keep this post about 2019 recruiting, I don't think there is anybody in this year's class that would be an immediate candidate to return punts. Kickoffs however, I think both of the running backs coming in have a real good chance of seeing immediate playing time.

was going to jokingly add the touchdown catch from karter johnson, but mikel barkley scored 9 td's on 25 catches at over 23 yards a catch so the guy has got some explosiveness about him.

Moose Stuff

Wouldn’t shock me if Barkley could.

Eight

Wouldn’t shock me if Barkley could.

looked up some numbers while waiting to hear from a prospect and his shortest td catch was 14 yards and that was the only one of the 9 under 25 yards.

average distance on his 9 td catches last year was just over 40 ypc which is solid

kidkarr

Cali speedster May fit the bill!

Kind of uncomfortable reading. Not sure I’ve ever seen a coach that honest in recruiting a kid. Also answers questions as to where the TE are in our offense
That was kind of my take as well. There was really only one part of it that seemed uncomfortable, which is the word I used, or awkward might have been a better description. At the end of the day, it was just my subjective reaction so it's just as valid to have the other reaction that it was just a brutally honest assessment of the current TE situation (although I though Pro Wells looked pretty decent against Baylor). Hopefully he commits because as has become dead horse material, this offense could really benefit from having a big TE who can both block and help us utilize the middle of the field in the passing game.