• The KillerFrogs

2018 Recruiting Thread - Part 2

sandiegojack

TCU has a horrible success rate of going against $EC schools on signing day decisions. It happens every year. It gets tiresome, but a way of life in the dirty world of college sports.

sdj

Ron Swanson

My dog won’t even eat them and he has been known to eat some nasty stuff! But my Coon Arse wife likes them too, but come to think of it she also eats chicken lips and all that other Louisiana road kill stuff...
My dad despises brussel sprouts. Apparently his mom used to make them when he was a kid and she sucked at it.

I chop them in half, toss them with salt/pepper/olive oil, and throw them on the grill with my meat. Fantastic

And my cousin always makes a killer brussel sprout dish on Thanksgiving, but she just throws a ton of bacon in there. That’s basically cheating.

Purp

My dad despises brussel sprouts. Apparently his mom used to make them when he was a kid and she sucked at it.

I chop them in half, toss them with salt/pepper/olive oil, and throw them on the grill with my meat. Fantastic

And my cousin always makes a killer brussel sprout dish on Thanksgiving, but she just throws a ton of bacon in there. That’s basically cheating.
Liked for cheating with bacon. I put bacon in 80% of what I cook. But I do it bc I like to eat things that taste good and bacon is one of God's greatest gifts. I'd be an apostate to not use it as an indgredient.

asleep003

We've had one of our top 3 best classes ever ...

2010 AP final ranking - #2 team's senior class(Dalton's) only had ten 3*s, plus the JR class behind them had just one 4*. They won the Rose Bowl with a total of four 4* recruits on that roster ! Five players of that Sr. class are/have started in the pros, including 2* Marshall Newhouse/ 2* Jerry Hughes.

2014 AP final ranking - #3 team's previous 4 recruit classes yielded just nine 4*s. Only 4 of those 4*s were on the roster for that great season ... as most of the 5 gone were either academic casualties or just outright busts.

So, we have nothing to complain/whine about ... most of these guys could have picked a Big stadium school ... but chose success over number of seats... and for a chance to be 'developed' into something more.

9 bowls in 10 years
7 top 15 finishes in 10 years
6 top 10 finishes in 10 years
2 top 5 finishes in 10 years

Why this gloomy atmosphere. We got what we wanted and needed, except in the DT area... though we are strong and young at that position already. Lets celebrate the hard work and determination of this staff. GP has done much more with much less(on paper), in the past!

Last edited: