• The KillerFrogs

2023-2024 European Football Thread

Chongo94

Decided not to record Leicester vs Wolves this morning....that was dumb of me.

Looking forward to an Arsenal loss today. With all the news that has recently come out about them, I just can’t do it anymore. Stan Kroenke is a dbag of immense proportions. Arsenal is now fully rueing the day he took over. As long as he owns them, and it looks like he and his family will forever own the team, I cannot support the club.

Looking forward to that Leipzig v Dortmund game. That should be good plus Dortmund need to maybe step it up again what with Bayern starting to look like the normal Bayern.

Chongo94

Naturally, the day I besmirch my fandom Arsenal decides to show up. So typical.

Shaping up like a typical Wenger game, ie one where the club has no business winning but will and it will just paper over some serious cracks ugh.

I am intrigued by the new tactical setup though.

Chongo94

To those watching this, They said Arsenal came out in a 4-4-2, but it looks like it’s more of a 4-3-1-2 with Ramsey the AM and 3 d mids in front of the back line. Is that what y’all are seeing or am I just way off base?

This is prior to the Iwobi and Miles sub ons.

Last edited:

dawg

Naturally, the day I besmirch my fandom Arsenal decides to show up. So typical.

Shaping up like a typical Wenger game, ie one where the club has no business winning but will and it will just paper over some serious cracks ugh.

Very, very unexpected performance from Arsenal, given how their poor recent form. I was prepared for 1-3, but that was a solid performance. I’ll take it. You are dead-on about this victory papering over cracks. The recent departure of the director of recruitment and Emery’s admission that we can only sign loan players during the window are bad signs long-term. Most of our key players are the wrong side of 29. Kroenke’s going to have to spend to get the squad back to top four calibre (as FSG did with Liverpool), and I doubt he will. I think our only realistic shot at CL next season is Emery working his Europa League magic, especially with post-Jose United (and Pogba especially) revitalized.

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...y-emery-finance-stan-kroenke-champions-league

To those watching this, They said Arsenal came out in a 4-4-2, but it looks like it’s more of a 4-3-1-2 with Ramsey the AM and 3 d mids in front of the back line. Is that what y’all are seeing or am I just way off base?

That’s what I saw as well, and I think allowing Ramsey to leave is a huge mistake. He fits Emery’s tactics and workrate far better than Ozïl, imho.

dawg

Stan Kroenke is a dbag of immense proportions. Arsenal is now fully rueing the day he took over. As long as he owns them, and it looks like he and his family will forever own the team, I cannot support the club.

We need a “sad” button for exactly this reason; preach on, man. I was against his ownership from the moment I heard about it, given how his bevy of US teams have won exactly jack [ Finebaum ] (and the Rams success this season is completely inspite of him).

Chongo94

Very, very unexpected performance from Arsenal, given how their poor recent form. I was prepared for 1-3, but that was a solid performance. I’ll take it. You are dead-on about this victory papering over cracks. The recent departure of the director of recruitment and Emery’s admission that we can only sign loan players during the window are bad signs long-term. Most of our key players are the wrong side of 29. Kroenke’s going to have to spend to get the squad back to top four calibre (as FSG did with Liverpool), and I doubt he will. I think our only realistic shot at CL next season is Emery working his Europa League magic, especially with post-Jose United (and Pogba especially) revitalized.

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...y-emery-finance-stan-kroenke-champions-league

That’s what I saw as well, and I think allowing Ramsey to leave is a huge mistake. He fits Emery’s tactics and workrate far better than Ozïl, imho.

Spot on man. Gutted by Mislintat leaving, the ONE guy who can probably navigate these post-Wenger waters with potential positive ability and the club drive him out. Ridiculous.

Ok good, that’s what I was thinking regarding the tactical setup. I’ll be interested to see if he continues that or something similar or if it was just a one off for Chelsea. And agreed about Ramsey, when he’s healthy. This club, when it comes to contracts running down, is just a model of complete buffoonery.

Chongo94

We need a “sad” button for exactly this reason; preach on, man. I was against his ownership from the moment I heard about it, given how his bevy of US teams have won exactly jack [ steaming pile of Orgeron ] (and the Rams success this season is completely inspite of him).

Can only give one like sadly.