• The KillerFrogs

2016 Season Prediction

Planks

cdsfrog said:

Maybe the outlook will improve if Texada is benched.
Problem is we are stuck. O'Meally graduated. Mosley left the team. Sommerville won't ever play football again. Lewis has a season ending injury. Reymond has a season ending injury.

Our two back ups at CB right now are Vern Scott and Tony James, two player who I don't think have ever played a snap on defense. There would likely be a large learning curve with them where our secondary would be even worse.

We just have to suck it up this season and hope Julius Lewis and Deshawn Reymond recover from their injuries next season better than Texada has this year. Julius Lewis was a stud by the end of last year, his injury has really hurt us.

cdsfrog said:

You see our secondary beating OU? Really?

[Craig James] if we are 4-1 going into the bye I will be estatic

Actually my schedule memory was faulty. I thought we would have wins over NDSU, ISU and SMU at the bye...forgot OU was there on the first.

Based on what I'm seeing rght now I think we have a non win at Austin, split with the Oklahoma schools and lose one more somewhere along the way. I am going to enjoy this season whatever happens

Planks said:
Our two back ups at CB right now are Vern Scott and Tony James, two player who I don't think have ever played a snap on defense. There would likely be a large learning curve with them where our secondary would be even worse.

We just have to suck it up this season and hope Julius Lewis and Deshawn Reymond recover from their injuries next season better than Texada has this year.
I recall James getting some fairly significant snaps last year and he was not terrible but seeing as how Gray came in for Tex instead of James who knows?

Volare

Screen%20Shot%202016-10-01%20at%2010.30.48%20PM_zpsazflpsv3.png

Volare

cdsfrog said:
haha every single person will probably be wrong. (What Maniac & Illini Frog Do together)

yep

I expect to see a drastically different prediction distribution next year.

Purple glasses better be in the trash can.

GlendarrochFrog

Road Trip Frog said:
I am always the pessimist, but we won some very close games last year that we could have lost.

TTU took a miracle
KState took a 17 point second half comeback
Baylor was an overtime win

I know we lost a close one as well. If the ball bounced the other way (like it did in 2013), we could easily have gone 7-5 or 8-4. I feel like there is WAY too much purple Kool Aid right now. I think 8.5 wins is a solid prediction. We win 9 or more and that is great.

I said this last year, but what worries me about all of the 10-11 win predictions is that if we lose a few games early, people will give up because it isn't as fun anymore. I know people on this board will probably go no matter what, but with these high expectations every year it is tough to keep the fan base happy.
I hate to be the guy to bump my own post (read: I love to be the guy to bump my own post) but it looks like this is unfolding EXACTLY the way I expected it to. The ball is not bouncing our way this year, we are losing the close games that we always found out a way to win the last two years and our fans are crying in #BaylorTears fashion.

nwlafrog

TCUfan90 said:
Hmmm look at those predictions. Looks like I'm gonna be spot on. Surprise surprise. And I'm a troll? Righttttttt
Grab your running shoes and take a lap, James. Which team's shirt are you wearing today? You are an embarrassment as a fan.

For those of you who don't know, this guy went out of his way to call Coach Mellisa an idiot and then proceeded to antagonize rival schools. When those rival schools called him out, he then turned into a poosay and claimed that he wasn't really a TCU fan.

Everyone is spot on, James. You are a troll. Go EABODs and take a darnin lap, you ham wallet.

jadailyTCU

Not sure why I'm listed as "What???" My actual prediction, on page 5 of this thread, was pretty clearly 10-2. Everything else was just discussion of possibilities.

Edit: Page 5, not page 3. My first post in the thread says 10-2.

Volare

jadailyTCU said:
Not sure why I'm listed as "What???" My actual prediction, on page 3 of this thread, was pretty clearly 10-2. Everything else was just discussion of possibilities.

This post??

If anyone else can vouch for this clearly being a 10-2 prediction, I'll be happy to adjust accordingly. I see a whole lot of possibilities listed in your post, but no prediction.

jadailyTCU

Go a page back from that post, my first post in the thread. I clearly say 10-2. Later on, we're discussing other possibilities, and that's where that other post came in.