• The KillerFrogs

2016 Recruiting Update

LisaLT

Is Mr. Hickey able to play right away? If he was signed to the 2016 class by KSU, then why is he transferring this late in the game? Just curious what the story is.

ScottPatrick

LisaLT said:
Is Mr. Hickey able to play right away? If he was signed to the 2016 class by KSU, then why is he transferring this late in the game? Just curious what the story is.

Was an early enrollee so has to sit a year even though released from LOI unlike Bowen and the BU commits.

He has GF issues.....

Peacefrog

Degenerate
ScottPatrick said:

Was an early enrollee so has to sit a year even though released from LOI unlike Bowen and the BU commits.

He has GF issues.....
It's tough to find Gluten Free options in a big city. I imagine he did have issues doing so in a small town like Manhattan, KS.

talor

Peacefrog said:
It's tough to find Gluten Free options in a big city. I imagine he did have issues doing so in a small town like Manhattan, KS.
cute-bravo-gif-777.gif

peacock

Carlos Strickland (Dallas Skyline) looking to transfer home...would be an awesome late pickup
https://twitter.com/cstricklandii/status/761994029517070340

ThisIsOurTime

DaCrief said:
Just going off distances from Skyline High School, SMU would be the closest at roughly 20 minutes away. Then TCU at around 45 minutes and North Texas at 50 minutes. Baylor would be about 1 hour and a half. Of course, this same "said" situation happened with Mike Mitchell and he went to Tech which made a nonsensical over 5 hours away although I think TCU had passed on that one.

So he could definitely go to SMU and it could be a good fit based on Chad Morris's offense and am sure Morris will tell him everything he wants to hear. But it would also be a step down from the P5 conferences and he may not be willing to do that with both TCU and Baylor only 1 hour or 1 hour and half away from home. On the other hand, he would also have seen what Josh Doctson has done and became a 1st rounder draft pick and could see himself following that route.

DaCrief

ThisIsOurTime said:
Just going off distances from Skyline High School, SMU would be the closest at roughly 20 minutes away. Then TCU at around 45 minutes and North Texas at 50 minutes. Baylor would be about 1 hour and a half. Of course, this same "said" situation happened with Mike Mitchell and he went to Tech which made a nonsensical over 5 hours away although I think TCU had passed on that one.

So he could definitely go to SMU and it could be a good fit based on Chad Morris's offense and am sure Morris will tell him everything he wants to hear. But it would also be a step down from the P5 conferences and he may not be willing to do that with both TCU and Baylor only 1 hour or 1 hour and half away from home. On the other hand, he would also have seen what Josh Doctson has done and became a 1st rounder draft pick and could see himself following that route.
Put the closer on the job. If we're interested...

ThisIsOurTime

Waccy Frog said:
He already burned his redshirt. So by the time he sits out the coming season, he'll have not played in 2 years and will have 3 years to play 3.

Clearly not a great decision to head out there.
Like all decisions, people are a lot smarter in hindsight. But he is said to be transferring to be closer to an ailing mother so I think he would deserve a mulligan on that unless there is another motive for the transfer. Even if he just got home sick, he would not be the first or the last player to do that.